NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Everything Else
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slack Writing Group and Charity Press: tldrwriters
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slack Writing Group and Charity Press: tldrwriters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velocisarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slack Writing Group and Charity Press: tldrwriters
    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 3:47pm
Hello! 

About a year ago I helped found a writing group on Slack (a team organizing app and website) called tldrwriters. A bunch of writers came together from Reddit and Twitter to form a close-knit community, and now we even have a non-profit Press (TL;DR Press) where we publish short story and poetry collections for charity (we've made three thus far!) and we have a very active community where we host workshops, write-ins, daily chats about writing and not-writing, betaswaps, and a ton more.

I'm biased because I helped make it, but I do think it's a hidden internet gem for writers, so if you're without a writing community then you might want to check it out! We have a twitter @TLDRpress and website tldrpress.org, as well as an application on our site (so we don't get spammed with bots) to join the private Slack group: http://tldrpress.org/index.php/join-in/

We've got writers from fiction (flash, short, novel...), non-fiction (academic, article writing...), screenplays - it's a great mix of talents and personalities!

FFC R2G88 Horror Eat Thereof
FFC R1G88 SciFi The Lap of LUXury
 Post Reply Post Reply