NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Signature not working correctly AGAIN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 1:24pm
MarcyL, try shrinking your forum link using TinyURL. It might just be too long, if you have your flash link in there too. Shrink both links with TinyURL, so you don't overshoot the letter limit. 

And also have a hug from me - I can never get hyperlinking to work in the forums, and it used to take me to the edge of tears too. Hug

Chilly's probably sorted it out. 
SSC19 Gr2 Ch1 Love and Stuff
Micro19 Gr14 R1 A Tale of Milk & Toes
Sponsored Links

MarcyL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:38pm

[/QUOTE]

Nothing to get wound up over; on your list of current problems this is page three stuff at best.  We'll get it ironed out.

Direct Message.
[/QUOTE]

So True.  Perspective is what I need. I just hate being so needy.

MarcyL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 5:04pm
Thank you to Chilly Toes for getting my signature up and running.  It ended up eliminating my FFCH2 link, but I think anyone who wanted to read that has done it.  
I will try and tackle two links at a later date.

:)

Marcy
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by MarcyL MarcyL wrote:

Thank you to Chilly Toes for getting my signature up and running.  It ended up eliminating my FFCH2 link, but I think anyone who wanted to read that has done it.  
I will try and tackle two links at a later date.

:)

Marcy

You'll need something like tinyurl to do more than one.  After that you run into the non-graceful failure from too many characters.
This Sig Intentionally Blank
Seacore View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 6:44pm
This forum really needs a post-2008 upgrade...
FFC CH1 H76 - Work To Be Done
FFC CH2 H76 - A Princess in Distress
ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Seacore Seacore wrote:

This forum really needs a post-2008 upgrade...

AMEN!
Jeanne22094 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanne22094 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:32pm
Trust me, you're not the only one!  I forgot to do it, then a Good Samaritan jumped in.  I still don't how to shrink the url, and I keep failing when I try to change the name, and it doesn't seem to be linking....
 but hopefully we'll figure it out soon!

Edited by Jeanne22094 - 08 Oct 2019 at 8:33pm
MF19 R1 Gr14 https://tinyurl.com/A-Shot-In-the-Dock
TheDustyZebra View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDustyZebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 3:04pm
Out of curiosity, has anyone's problem here turned out to be that their signature doesn't show when they start a thread, but shows up in subsequent posts within that thread?

I thought mine had disappeared (or worse, that I'd blithely said above that mine was fine and it wasn't actually there at all), but I've discovered they don't show in the initial post of a thread, at least in the story forum. I don't recall that ever being the case before.
2019MF R1G42 Deliverance (Suspense/Thriller)
ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by TheDustyZebra TheDustyZebra wrote:

I thought mine had disappeared (or worse, that I'd blithely said above that mine was fine and it wasn't actually there at all), but I've discovered they don't show in the initial post of a thread, at least in the story forum. I don't recall that ever being the case before.

Mine shows on the initial post of my story thread...
TheDustyZebra View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDustyZebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 4:24pm
Why, so it does! Curiouser and curiouser. It was a rather small sample I was basing that grandiose claim on, I'll admit.
2019MF R1G42 Deliverance (Suspense/Thriller)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic