NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Signature hyperlink?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaraK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Signature hyperlink?
    Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 11:35pm
Hi! How do I make a hyperlink in my signature? As you can see, the link to my story is there, but I can't figure out how to hyperlink it. Thanks for your help.

Kara
Rd. 2 heat 5
fairy tale, breaking a rule, a pacifist.
The Sounds That Wouldn't Stop

steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 11:45pm
From the NYC Midnight Forum Post:

POSTING THE LINK IN YOUR SIGNATURE
One way to receive more feedback on your story is to include a link to your story here on the forum in the signature of your profile.  That way, when you post a review, writers will be able to find your story easier to return the favor.  Follow the steps below to add a signature:

Paste the line below and follow these steps:
      Read my Round 1 story titled YOUR STORY TITLE
      LINK=the link to your story.  Every forum post has a link, all you need to do is copy it from the browser bar.  For example, the link to this post is http://forums.nycmidnight.com/new_topic_form.asp?FID=52
      Since there is a limit to the number of characters allowed in your signature, you will need to shorten your link. You can go to http://www.bit.ly to create a shorter link.  For example, the bit.ly version  of the above link is http://bit.ly/1St0EDE
      Post the shortened bit.ly version to replace "LINK".
      Adjust the text as necessary.  The text you can edit is "Read my Round 1 story titled " and "YOUR STORY TITLE".  Please keep in mind that "YOUR STORY TITLE" will have the link attached to it.
      Save your profile details and you should now have a signature that reads "Read my Round 1 story titled YOUR STORY TITLE"
      That's it!

Hope this helps!
Micro Fiction 2020 R1 G51 - Roadkill Roulette (Comedy)
KaraK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaraK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:09am
Thank you!
Rd. 2 heat 5

KaraK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaraK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:27am
test
Rd. 2 heat 5

Serena Armstrong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serena Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 9:46pm
Test as well
Serena Armstrong
R1, H19, Three Beans Too Many
ethom View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ethom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 2:06pm
Test

Edited by ethom - 03 Feb 2021 at 2:15pm
Saramikulic View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saramikulic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 3:03pm
Testing
SS21: R1 Gr157 Click
pondsandfrogs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondsandfrogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 4:26pm
Hey folks, as a reminder, you should be adding your forum topic post as the link in your signature instead of linking out to your Google Doc or story itself. So that if/when you leave a comment on someone's story, that person can click on the link in your signature and be transported to your forum post. Where they can leave a comment much more easily (and you'll also have the link to your story in your post, too).
Y'all are so talented!
Screenwriting 2021 R1 (Action/Adv.)
Short Story 2021 R1 (Political Satire) [2nd Place]
alexzolke View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexzolke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 6:07am
For some reason my signature comes and goes? I go to my profile and edit it, then it disappears.

Edit: and of COURSE it works now I've asked for help!! Please disregard. Seems to be working now...

Edited by alexzolke - 05 Feb 2021 at 6:09am
pondsandfrogs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pondsandfrogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:49am
Originally posted by alexzolke alexzolke wrote:

For some reason my signature comes and goes? I go to my profile and edit it, then it disappears.

Edit: and of COURSE it works now I've asked for help!! Please disregard. Seems to be working now...

Haha, no prob! Yes, confirming it works on my end Thumbs Up
Y'all are so talented!
Screenwriting 2021 R1 (Action/Adv.)
Short Story 2021 R1 (Political Satire) [2nd Place]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic