NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Story - Who’s in?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttlbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 7:28am
I did the Short Story Challenge last year and really enjoyed it, so I'm back again. I only write occasionally and just for fun, but it's so great to get feedback from people who know what they're talking about. :-)
Round 1, Heat 60 "Suspended State"
Liadan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liadan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 7:47am
This is my first year trying this.  I'm really hoping it can lift me out of this writing drought. 
MrLipto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MrLipto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 8:10am
I cannot imagine a future in which I don't participate in a NYCM fiction competition.

In three years, I've been undeterred by travel, weddings, deaths, and births. 

The stories get written one way or another.
Bowbina76 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowbina76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 9:19am
I'm in!  Can't wait to see what I get and what everyone comes up with.  This is my third year.
kearanne View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kearanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 11:07am
I'm in! First-timer to challenges here, and first time writing short stories since my college creative writing classes - about 9 years ago? This should be fun!

Going in with zero expectations and a whole lot of excitement... I'm working on my first novel after years of letting imposter syndrome keep me in my own head, and I joined this contest to keep my creative juices zipping around. 
Kear Anne

SSC R1 H70: A Helping Hand
McAllister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McAllister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 11:36am
I participated in flash and microfiction so the thought of a week and 2500 words seems absolutely indulgent! Really looking forward to the challenge and getting to read other work posted in the forums. Good luck to us all!
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by McAllister McAllister wrote:

I participated in flash and microfiction so the thought of a week and 2500 words seems absolutely indulgent!

Well, if you are anything like me you will gleefully procrastinate all week and then frantically write something in the last day or so. It's a process.
amlewi08 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amlewi08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

Originally posted by McAllister McAllister wrote:

I participated in flash and microfiction so the thought of a week and 2500 words seems absolutely indulgent!

Well, if you are anything like me you will gleefully procrastinate all week and then frantically write something in the last day or so. It's a process.

Hear, hear.

Edited by amlewi08 - 17 Jan 2020 at 12:14pm
The Red Lion View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Red Lion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 12:57pm
I’ll be back this year after a fairly significant hiatus. Unfortunately (or fortunately maybe), I’m also on fire in the middle of the first draft of a novel, so we’ll see how that goes.

Good luck all!
Meggles View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 1:24pm
I was not going to do it this year because I have a lot of other things going on, but when it came down to it, I couldn’t pass it up!

Happy to see a few familiar “faces,” and looking forward to reading everyone’s work! Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic