NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Story - Who’s in?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 11:03am
Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

I'm registered and ready to go! So excited for tomorrow evening to get the assignments :) Good luck to all of you!

I’m pretty sure it’s Friday evening, Jan 17, at 11:59PM Eastern. So 2.5 more days! Good luck!
Short Screenplay R1 Little Miss 4th of July
Short Story R1 The Anti-Wedding Planner
Puckerby View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puckerby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 11:33am
I’m in! So many words! It’s feels like a luxury after micro.
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by northernwriter northernwriter wrote:

I tried to say no to the NYCM 2020 Short Story competition. I really did. I’m supposed to be working on my novel and a screenplay. But who am I kidding? I would have spent the time on the forums checking out the prompts and wishing I had joined instead of working on my WIP. So I will see you all Friday!

You know, I had just naturally assumed you were in! LOL

I'm in, will be fun, though I have commitments requiring travel both weekends and that is not ideal. Will work it out (who needs sleep, anyway)
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 12:25pm
Oh, please, at this point I'm basically in a controlling abusive relationship with NYCM. Maybe if I'm lucky it'll be a prompt that lends itself to writing about game shows or dealing with media. 
SSC 2020 R1 G77: The Artist Is Not Present
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by northernwriter northernwriter wrote:

Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

I'm registered and ready to go! So excited for tomorrow evening to get the assignments :) Good luck to all of you!

I’m pretty sure it’s Friday evening, Jan 17, at 11:59PM Eastern. So 2.5 more days! Good luck!

You know, I knew it was Friday, but I managed to not know what day TODAY is. Lol thank you for the clarification! :)
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 1:16pm
I'm in! My first NYCM was Short Story 2016. What a wonderful 4 years it has been. <3
Bellacent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellacent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:03pm
I’m in. I’m jumping off in the deep end. I haven’t written a short story since college 30+ years ago before children. They are grown and I’m trying to reboot achieving my dreams. This is going to be really hard for me, but an assignment with a deadline is just what I need to help me with a jumpstart. 
Rae Chell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rae Chell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:17pm
I am so in! I can't wait. Chomping at the bit. One year ago, I started my writing journey (in seriousness) with this very competition. And it's been an amazing. Year of writing. So, I had to give it another go, since I've come full circle. I'm hoping to make it past first round if the fates smile down on me. I would consider that a win. Lol
- Carpe Diem -

Read my 1st Round story titled THE FINISHER
R1 H90 Horror-Family Feud-Filmmaker
amlewi08 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlewi08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 3:20pm
lol, I didn't think I was going to, but here I am, registering the day before the deadline. haha

It's my first SSC, I'm pumped!  8 days feels like such a long time to write compared to the 48 hrs for flash!

ophelialit74 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ophelialit74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 4:11pm
I'm in! Hoping to figure out how to harness the mojo that got me 1st place in the first round of micro and ditch the bad juju that got me eliminated in the second. Sounds like I need some good writing spells! :-)  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic