NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Story Round 2 results TODAY!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short Story Round 2 results TODAY!
    Posted: 18 May 2022 at 8:51am
How's everyone feeling? Are we expecting mid-afternoon emails? Or expecting a delay? eep!

Good luck everyone!
G81 SS The Momento
Micro250 The Younger Man HM
R2 G10 Rhyming The Substitute HM
Steven Kay View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 9:21am
I'm trying not to think about it! Ha ha. And being in the UK means it's 5am Thursday for us, so I've likely still got 1 more sleep til I get the email! Cannot wait to see how everyone's faired though Smile
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 9:28am
I'm not expecting to advance and I'm okay with that. I've got a busy weekend, and having to write a story might trigger the complete meltdown I've been staving off for the past few months. Still, I hope they put us out of our misery early - the time difference means I go to bed about 6pm NY time, and I don't sleep well if I'm waiting for results.
tyrapendragon View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyrapendragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 10:52am
This is the first time I made it to the 2nd round of the Short Story Contest, so I would like to make it to the 3rd.  We'll see.
R1 G85 High Tea with Fairies

Thanks for reading!
rachell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 10:55am
I'm really proud of my round 2 story, and when that happens I usually don't advance ha. I hope I do, just so I can get some dedicated writing time this weekend!

JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 12:55pm
Anyone else get intense heart palpitations while scrolling to find their group? I sometimes forget my group number, too, since it's been a hot minute. LOL (I know I could just search by my name. It would be less stressful ...or a briefer stressful time.)

This year having political satire for the first time, I'm really unsure of my chances. Shoutout "good luck" to my group member Tyrapendragon on this post!
G81 SS The Momento
Micro250 The Younger Man HM
R2 G10 Rhyming The Substitute HM
salgal80 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salgal80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 1:03pm
Not so patiently waiting. I’ve made round 2 a few times, but never moved beyond. I really hope this is the year. 
Good luck to all!

Edited by salgal80 - 18 May 2022 at 1:03pm
Avalon23 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avalon23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 1:14pm
Super impatient!  I have less than no time to write this weekend, but ... it would be exciting to be in round three.  I'm not sure what exactly I'm hoping for, but I want to find out soooooooooon (knowing, of course, that it's still hours and hours and hours left).
JLynneW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLynneW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 1:17pm
I'm definitely starting the obsessive refreshing of my inbox and periodic bouncing to the site to make sure I didn't miss the email. I guess I'm kind of anxious for results! 😅
csderuyter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote csderuyter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 1:27pm
I'm impatient too. And, as someone else said, I liked this story of mine this time around - which is usually the kiss of death for me with the judges. We shall see though. Good luck, everyone! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>