NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Story Progress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhistlerCrowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:02am
I almost gave up about 6 o clock tonight... I had friends who wouldn't let me quit either. I finished writing it at 11:35 and submitted it at 12:54 - talk about cutting it close. PROUD OF YOU FOR NOT GIVING UP!!
Jilbo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:09am
Haha! This is LITERALLY my writing process in a nutshell. LOL. 
Jilbo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:12am
Finished with 4 hours to go with 3800 words! 

Luckily, I'm not an awesome writer but I'm a pretty dang good writer. 

Ripped the story to shreds, got down to 2300, got my wife to beta read it, added a bit more detail and ended with 2467.

Phew! First time submitting my writing for ANYTHING, so this has already been SUCH a great learning experiencing. Cheers everyone! 

Jairus. 
Draiodor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiodor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:42am
Delighted to say I got it down to 2497 with a few hours to spare before the deadline.

First writing project I've taken on in over a year, first I've taken to completion in about three, and first I've submitted in almost six. feel a huge sense of accomplishment tonight.

Congrats to all who got their stuff done.
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 11:22am
@Suave @Random Thank you! It's been a busy Sunday too, but about to hit the 'pause' button and retire to the sofa with a book. I'm exhausted.
I'll read your stories when you post, and ... well, I'll be writing again whenever Screenplay comes along. 

Hope you're getting a good, restful Sunday.
F
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 11:24am
Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

@Suave @Random Thank you! It's been a busy Sunday too, but about to hit the 'pause' button and retire to the sofa with a book. I'm exhausted.
I'll read your stories when you post, and ... well, I'll be writing again whenever Screenplay comes along. 

Hope you're getting a good, restful Sunday.
F

Hope you are!
I am still winding down a little. But happy I turned in my first Romance....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738