NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Screenplay results!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short Screenplay results!
    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:28am
Well, we have a two years in a row winner! Congrats Rowan Meyer!

#1 - ''Vas Defiance'' by M. Rowan Meyer LOGLINE - A mild-mannered scientist makes a brilliant discovery, but faces resistance in its insemination.

#2 - ''Wotsitt'' by Alex Sutton LOGLINE - Wotsitt the elf is smashing his trial period at Santa's Workshop. Then a letter with no return address completely throws him off his game.

#3 - ''Making Do With Multiples'' by Jennifer Gunner LOGLINE - The parents of TV's favorite multiples, the Kowalczyk Quints, run their home like a well-oiled machine. But could a few more tweaks bring their household closer to perfection?

#4 - ''The Gulag Took My Pen-Pal'' by Robbie Gottlieb LOGLINE - Boris Borishevsky is sent to Siberia for the unspeakable crime of pen-paling around with the world's biggest Green Bay Packers fan.

#5 - ''Afterglow'' by Chad Frame LOGLINE - Edna is glowing--she's going to be married, she's surrounded by wonderful friends, and she has a great job at the Radium Dial Company. What could possibly go wrong?

#6 - ''The Quackenbush Candy Factory'' by Arianna Drumond LOGLINE - Nothing is sweeter for candy factory workers, George and Maggie, than a low-key start to the work day. This is not one of those days.

#7 - ''Buscador'' by Sam Parker LOGLINE - When LAURINDO, a Mexican national, loses his way in unfamiliar territory, he must rely on the help of strangers to find the way back to his family.

#8 - ''Returned to Sender'' by Harriet Gillian LOGLINE - When a very important Christmas wish arrives at the North Pole, Santa must instruct his top team of elite elves to see the wish comes true.

#9 - ''Down The Line'' by Mikaela Cumbers LOGLINE - Congratulations on concluding the final hour of your service.
Genesis thanks YOU for your service.

#10 - ''Canary Girl'' by Graham Brand LOGLINE - With the men at war in the trenches, their bombs were filled by girls with yellow hands.

#HM - ''Cobbler of the Month'' by David Piechowski LOGLINE - A North Pole elf tries to prove she has what it takes to be Cobbler of the Month, but the previous honoree has other ideas.

#HM - ''The Night Shift'' by Daniel MacKay LOGLINE - An elderly assembly line worker, struggling to maintain a routine in a world in chaos, is thrown off by a letter he receives from a coworker he has never met.

#HM - ''Sprocket'' by Andrew Kaberline LOGLINE - A factory worker attempts to keep the human element in her workspace, while the company is hellbent on erasing it.

#HM - ''Reassemble My Heart'' by Ricardo Bravo LOGLINE - A security guard in a sandwich factory searches the floor
for the anonymous writer of a love letter.

#HM - ''Body Parts'' by Karen Mitani LOGLINE - Terror escalates on an assembly line after Glenda receives a disturbing photo in the mail.

Edited by Suave - 09 Apr 2021 at 4:22am
catnamedeaster View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnamedeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 7:15am
Congratulations, everyone! So nice to see so many familiar names, all so deserving. 

Second HM this week, but thrilled to have squeaked in with my little horror story. Smile
Probably Someone View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Probably Someone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:10pm
I'm thrilled to have come in 5th, especially considering this was my first time ever screenwriting. I didn't even know the format before diving in to the first round, but I really enjoy learning in a crunch. 

Congrats to everyone listed, and everyone not! This was fierce competition!

Post Reply Post Reply