NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Screenplay Competition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short Screenplay Competition
    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 6:48am
Hey gang!

I just finished my first NYC Midnight Competition, and I just want to say THANK YOU for those that read my scripts and gave feedback. Unfortunately I didn't make it to the third round, but I want to wish everyone luck in the competition going forward.

I'm creating my own monthly Short Screenplay Competition -- inspired by the NYC Midnight Forums -- where you are given prompts and have a week to submit an 8 page screenplay. The judges are other writers in the competition (every participant is assigned 6 other screenplays to give feedback and rank). The first competition is in the start of February.

Since the first competition is a bit of a beta test, it's FREE! I will give a $100 gift certificate to Amazon to the winner and $20 gift certificate for 2nd-10th places -- however, I am limiting February's competition to 12 participants. Please PM me your email if you are interested in participating. There's only 2 spots left to fill. Starting in March I will open the competition to everyone (and that competition will also be free with same prizes).

Regards,

-Max

Edited by maxbjork - 07 Jan 2021 at 5:20pm
SSC2020 CH1 GR8: Sweep 16 (2pts)
SSC2020 CH2 GR8: Better the Snake (10 pts)
trish1206 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trish1206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 9:24am
I wish I had the time for that kind of commitment (reading and writing in one week) but wishing you the best of luck with it!  Sounds like fun!
3rd Place Finalist FF2013
maxbjork View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 10:05am
Awesome thanks Trish!

Just to clarify, you have one week to write, and another week to read. The reading/giving feedback is done the week following the submission date.

So you'll have a full week to read/give feedback for (up to a maximum of 6 short scripts -- depending on the size of the pool you are responsible for). All feedback is done through the site and is completely anonymous.

2 spots left!

Edited by maxbjork - 07 Jan 2021 at 5:20pm
SSC2020 CH1 GR8: Sweep 16 (2pts)
SSC2020 CH2 GR8: Better the Snake (10 pts)
TheMarkCooper View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMarkCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 3:52am
I sent a private message as well, but I am interested if there are any spots left. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic