NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Screenplay, a little early?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short Screenplay, a little early?
    Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 6:16am

I am in!

It does not seem to be the same time frame that it has been in over the years? 
A little early, maybe?

Oh well, I be there!
fayestardust View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fayestardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 6:50am
I'm hesitant, still, I've never written a screenplay before and I'm unsure if I could do it.
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 7:24am
Originally posted by fayestardust fayestardust wrote:

I'm hesitant, still, I've never written a screenplay before and I'm unsure if I could do it.

I was the same for a couple of years, but then I tried it. So much fun!
You have lots of time to get ready, and you still won't be, haha.
Start Googling screenplay and read a bunch of results.
The main things you really need just starting out: Montage - (V.O) - (O.S) - Super -
Format
Try it, you will love it.
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 7:33am
Flash was earlier than usual too, presumably things are being shuffled around to make space for the new competition they've promised us.
I keep meaning to give it a go, but we'll be away that weekend (and if we weren't I'd be doing Writing Battle) so it'll have to wait.

Edited by theinquisitor - 29 Jun 2022 at 7:34am
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 8:15am
Originally posted by theinquisitor theinquisitor wrote:

Flash was earlier than usual too, presumably things are being shuffled around to make space for the new competition they've promised us.
I keep meaning to give it a go, but we'll be away that weekend (and if we weren't I'd be doing Writing Battle) so it'll have to wait.

I am betting that they will change the date on the writing battle.
maxbjork View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

If it were the same type of contest I think I would consider it, but we won't be changing the date for the Summer Flash Fiction Writing Battle in August.

I'm kind of bummed that I can't participate in this year's NYCM short screenplay contest since I will be busy as admin for WB. I've never done very well in these contests, but I feel like I'm getting better. Shoot. Was looking forward to this.
catnamedeaster View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnamedeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by maxbjork maxbjork wrote:

If it were the same type of contest I think I would consider it, but we won't be changing the date for the Summer Flash Fiction Writing Battle in August.

I'm kind of bummed that I can't participate in this year's NYCM short screenplay contest since I will be busy as admin for WB. I've never done very well in these contests, but I feel like I'm getting better. Shoot. Was looking forward to this.

I was also bummed to see these fall on the same weekend. I'm already registered for Flash Battle but unfortunately I'll have to skip it. No offense, Max! But Short Screen is my favorite of all the comps in all the lands, so I can't miss it. I'm sorry you'll be missing out this year, too!
maxbjork View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by catnamedeaster catnamedeaster wrote:

I was also bummed to see these fall on the same weekend. I'm already registered for Flash Battle but unfortunately I'll have to skip it. No offense, Max! But Short Screen is my favorite of all the comps in all the lands, so I can't miss it. I'm sorry you'll be missing out this year, too!

No problem! I can give you a refund or give credit on the site. All good :)
catnamedeaster View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnamedeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 2:49pm

Thanks, Max, you're the best! I had no problem eating the entrance fee, but I'll happily take a credit for the next Screenwriting Battle. :) 
maxbjork View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by catnamedeaster catnamedeaster wrote:

Thanks, Max, you're the best! I had no problem eating the entrance fee, but I'll happily take a credit for the next Screenwriting Battle. :) 

Done :) removed you from the Summer Flash Fiction contest and added $20 credit to your account. Good luck in short screenplay. I should have time to beta, so shoot me an email if you need an extra pair of eyes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>