NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Share a link to a story while we wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 8:31am
Originally posted by TheDustyZebra TheDustyZebra wrote:

This one isn't too recent, but I figure people here may have already read the most recent one I have on Kraxon, since it came out of the last SSC here. LOL

The one before that was written for Sci-Fi London. 

This one wasn't for a contest -- they had a special time-travel stories submissions window for Back to the Future Day in 2015, and chose my entry:

Oh my heart, this is beautiful. I love SciFi that has feels. Cry
Sponsored Links

nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

RED-WING

A bright and glorious day, a wisp of cloud sailing across the sky, a slight breeze ruffling the grass.  The young red-winged blackbird sits on a branch and sings his heart out.  Happy, so happy, he wishes he could sing forever.

This makes me so nostalgic... I don't see Red Wing Blackbirds where I live now, but remember them all over the place when I was on the farm and growing up. Lovely!
Schrifty View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Schrifty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:01am
What an awesome idea!  I look forward to reading everyone's stuff. 

This one is something I originally wrote for NYC Midnight's Flash Fiction Competition a year or two back.  The uh... judges weren't super fond of it (I didn't get passed on to the next round) but joke's on them because The Arcanist decided to publish it!  (And hey, that paycheck funded my next FFC, so bonus!)

FFC CH1 G82: Locusts of Another Name (Fantasy)
https://lizschriftsteller.wordpress.com/
@LizSchriftstell
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 3:08am
Originally posted by Schrifty Schrifty wrote:

This one is something I originally wrote for NYC Midnight's Flash Fiction Competition a year or two back.  The uh... judges weren't super fond of it (I didn't get passed on to the next round) but joke's on them because The Arcanist decided to publish it!  (And hey, that paycheck funded my next FFC, so bonus!)

Awesome story. I think a regenerating hairpiece might work for me. By the way, my idol is Chewbacca.

nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Schrifty Schrifty wrote:

Oooo, I remember this one - congrats on getting The Arcanist to buy it! *high five*
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:42am
Originally posted by tcFlash tcFlash wrote:

Have you been writing any flash fiction lately? Do you have one you want to share here? It might be nice to read what we've written without time constraints and prompts. I'll get us started with this one which is based on my own experience. For now, let's just share one story each. 

Read it, liked it.  Your style seems very familliar to me as it almost seems I might have written it, haha.  Don't know about you but I write this style late at night when my demons come and I am all alone.  Did you try to sell this?

Edited by Suave - 11 Jul 2018 at 7:42am
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:05am
Originally posted by TheDustyZebra TheDustyZebra wrote:

This one isn't too recent, but I figure people here may have already read the most recent one I have on Kraxon, since it came out of the last SSC here. LOL

The one before that was written for Sci-Fi London. 

This one wasn't for a contest -- they had a special time-travel stories submissions window for Back to the Future Day in 2015, and chose my entry:

I love sci-fi!  I was hesitant to continue with yours after the baby died, just so depressing, but I pressed through - I have trouble reading something like this when I am not in the mood, it is like someone trying to bend me to their will when I don't want to be bent, lol.  But, you changed it fast enough to pulll me through the keyhole and kept me interested, and the ending was worth it.  Very good!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic