NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Self-publishing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 3:10am
Originally posted by tanyazina tanyazina wrote:

Originally posted by BeckyG515 BeckyG515 wrote:

Originally posted by dragoneel dragoneel wrote:

Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

This worked for me in a photography contest, so it would work just as well trying to flog your own work. 

The contest was one of those where your work is voted on to decide the winner, I won.

So, after making up a few email addresses I got to work.

You need to find forums, such as an RV traveler forum which I found was pretty productive - most are old people with tender hearts - I would identify with whatever forum group it was, eg: Slipstream Owners, and tell them I needed other Slipstream owners support, and they voted.

Next I hit gay sites, both sides as they could not see me, but the trick there was to pretend that I was trying to support a friend, they seemed much more receptive to that - it was pretty easy to sound gay on the forum, I actually enjoyed it, they are a nice group of people, quite friendly.  Lots of votes.

The prisoner forums were not too productive, I had to pretend I was a young woman and they all wanted something out of the deal and some of it was quite shocking.

The looking for birth parents sites were hit and miss.  I actually got barred from some of them when I pretended to be a parent looking for a son or daughter.

So, pick your groups and get busy!     GOOD LUCK!

Are we just going to pretend this post didn't happen? LOL

The best part was you might also try Amazon! Wink

I don't know for me, I'm planning on trying traditional 1st and if that totally bombs, then I'll self-publish. I think both options have a lot of pros and cons.

I laughed out loud at the addendum. Truly cannot tell if the original post was satire or not.

I never joke.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic