NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCREENWRITING '21 - R1 TITLES & LOGLINES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 1:35am
Okay, I'll go...

Group 36: Action/Adventure / An ultimatum / A freediver

Game Face
Trapped in an immersive virtual reality game, a timid Croatian man must complete a dangerous mission in order to escape.

First-time NYC Midnight competitor here:
Writing in the Action/Adventure genre really was an adventure -- but now, at the end of the week, I'm pleased to say that I'm very happy with how it all came out. Also, I'm looking forward to reading everyone's screenplays in the near future!
bluevervain View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluevervain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 1:37am
Group 12: Drama/an anniversary/a valedictorian

FRESHWATER                                                                        
In a tiny lake village in northern Wisconsin, Charlie tries to give her granddaughter, Olga, an idyllic childhood. As Olga approaches adolescence, Charlie fears that the darkness that swallowed her own daughter will come for Olga as well.

Jimmy JJ View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy JJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 1:42am

Group 23
Genre: Drama
Subject: Bartering
Character: An engineer

APPREHENSION

Waking after a celebration of his latest scientific breakthrough, a bioengineer learns his behaviour has profound consequences for him and his family.

I enjoyed that immensely, even if my characters didn't!
rjplaywright View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjplaywright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 1:51am
Group 62: Romance/ Aviation/Midwife

The Fourteenth Amendment
A Chinese Couple is flying to America so that their unborn child could be an American Citizen, but then the water breaks on the plane.

For the record I forgot to create a logline until there was only 5 minutes left.
slevy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 1:55am
This was a tough one for me this time! Glad I was able to get it done in the end.

Group 3 
Historical Fiction / Relaxation / A Sailor 

Bonny
After a lifetime of oppression and abuse from one too many men, a young woman takes to the rough high seas to find her power among
the roughest of them all.
Mister_Write View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mister_Write Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:07am
What  a wild ride. That was my first screenplay :D. Am I crazy to do it undertime pressure? Maybe. Was it crazy to interpret valet creatively? Double maybe.

But I like to live dangerously :P

Group 21: horror, a contract, a valet

Locked-In

Callum is surprised that his new research assistant job involves attending to the personal care of a paralyzed man. A chilling telepathic message makes a request he cannot grant while danger lurks close behind.

laurbail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurbail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:28am
So happy to be doing this again this year. Last year was my first year and I was totally thrown by having to do mystery and then horror, both not my typical genres. But this year I embraced the whole Crime Caper thing with a story that is SO not my usual thing that it was actually quite freeing. Excited to read everyone's scripts!

Group 51: crime caper/homework/a hockey player.

SCORE

Four college roommates seek revenge on a fraternity after they learn of a misogynistic bet about which frat brother can sleep with the most women on the air hockey table.

Edited by laurbail - 28 Mar 2021 at 3:03pm
Read my SSC CH2 script: Wish You Were Here (suspense)
or SC Final Beyond Words(suspense)
Zounds View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:30am

Group 28/Crime Caper/ A Banker/ A Celebration

Good Deeds

Kenny turns to his friends for help in finally outflanking his smart, successful older twin brother, but a family party makes it hard to acquire a Monopoly on luck. Can Kenny bank on his friends to help him gain the prize?

Not my best logline. This was a very uneven ride. After a day or two of complete freeze I  had an idea and had a great first couple of pages... then it was a slow grind. I had a really hard time fleshing out the middle. I actually skipped ahead and wrote the final scenes. Then I had to sort of match them up.

TreeTheGreen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TreeTheGreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:32am
group 24 / historical fiction / probation / a beer drinker

This World and the Next
A KGB agent defects from the USSR and tries to find refuge in America. But when his initial plan goes wrong, he must navigate through both physical pain and the pain of falling in love.

----

I was initially quite disappointed in my genre but I think it turned out alright!
SSC 2021 CH3 | Hold My Hand
pluginmatty View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pluginmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:50am
Group 5 - Mystery/A reward/A matchmaker

Me Too?

When one of her regular customers is implicated in a murder investigation, Bree must decide just how much she's willing to trust her instincts.

Edited by pluginmatty - 28 Mar 2021 at 2:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>