NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screenwriters in Central London

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcatarino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screenwriters in Central London
    Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 4:42pm
Are there any screenwriters in Central London interested in becoming producers and partner up with a writer/director? The idea is to build a long lasting relationship where I'd direct your movies and you'd produce mine, which would allow us to make several films per year in small budgets. 

No pressure. We allow ourselves to learn at our own pace, and make mistakes in the respective roles. We start small, with extremely low budget shorts, then move to more complex shorts and in a couple of years, very low-budget features. Entering screenwriting competitions is great, but there's nothing like actual credits or to be that new interesting kid with a movie at film festivals. We can keep knocking on the door and wait for someone to let us in, or we can force our way in.

My name is Bruno, I live in London, and as you may have realised by now, I'm a screenwriter and more recently, became a director as well, precisely because I wanted to get my career into my hands. My main frustration is to find a good producer willing to work hard, and at this indie level, most don't. Finding another writer to fill in that role seems a logical solution, especially now that TV favours so much writer/producers. We'd both have something to gain, so we'd both work super hard for each others projects.

And since we're both writers, we can give feedback to each other's writing as well and improve it further.

How does this sound? If you're interested, please ping me to redwulffilms@gmail.com and let's start a conversation, exchange a couple of scripts to see if we like each other's work, and even meet personally.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Bruno
R1 G12 Comedy - Deep Undesires
R1 Ch2 G12 Horror - Prey
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic