NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screenplay Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Just wondering who's posting in the Screenplay Review?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
40 [88.89%]
5 [11.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Joni B Joni B wrote:

Will gladly post -- just gotta figure out how. I bummed off someone else's space last year cuz I was too technically inept to set up a link myself...

Found this in another topic, thought it might be helpful...

If you don't have your own website, you might want to check out www.freewebs.com. You can set up a free account there, and once you've done that, it's really easy to upload files. Then you can copy the link and post it into a new thread in the Script Review subforum.
Joni B View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 5:11pm
Thanks, Shawnman -- will give it a shot.
ABEAR111 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABEAR111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by aurora68 aurora68 wrote:

You betcha!  Ours will be up as soon as they give us the go-ahead.  We should be able to post loglines before then, right?

They're posting them now.
aurora68 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aurora68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2007 at 6:43am
Hey Joni,

Try freewebs.com.  You can set up a free account there, and then you can upload files and just post the link.  It's very easy!
Check out our script:
Au Jus
ABEAR111 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABEAR111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2007 at 7:52am
Wow, great majority of those here posting, love to see it.

Wonder why the two who aren't decided not to???

Hope they'll reconsider.
kshelden View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshelden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2007 at 9:38am
im posting for sure. i think the beauty of this contest is to work with other writers. im excited to read other scripts and provide feedback, just as much as i am excited for feedback on mine.
MassWriter66 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassWriter66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2007 at 12:03pm
I don't know why people wouldn't post; you get better as a writer by having your stuff read and understanding what worked and what didn't work. This is my first time in the screenplay challenge, but I competed in the short story challenge and thought the story review was the most fun aspect of the competition.
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2007 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by MassWriter66 MassWriter66 wrote:

I don't know why people wouldn't post; you get better as a writer by having your stuff read and understanding what worked and what didn't work. This is my first time in the screenplay challenge, but I competed in the short story challenge and thought the story review was the most fun aspect of the competition.

Part of it depends on rights - for example if I enter the short story challenge I won't post it in the review forum, only because legally that may be "publishing" it, and many literary journals want unpublished work. From what I understand there's a sketchy grey area there regarding internet publishing first. I'd email it around for review, though, if anyone felt like reading it.
kshelden View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshelden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2007 at 12:46pm
hmmm. thats interesting. never thought of that before. though im sure im not submitting a short script to any literary journals anytime soon.
MassWriter66 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassWriter66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2007 at 12:49pm
I'd be curious to know the nuances of the law, because simply posting a script or story for review does not strike me as having published it. On top of that, 99 percent of the work submitted in these contests, no matter how good, would need to be re-written before appearing in a literary journal or getting the green light by a producer. A week isn't enough time to craft a polished, hole-free story or script.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic