NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCREENPLAY '20 R3 TITLES & LOGLINES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCREENPLAY '20 R3 TITLES & LOGLINES
    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 12:30am
You know the routine, people. Titles and loglines only... until the "all clear" emails come later in the week. Congratulations to the finalists for making it through another grueling challenge!
Clap
FrankieLee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankieLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 2:22am
Shall I get this started? Can't wait to read everyone's take. First time I've done this and I certainly need a good nap.

LOST AND FOUND
When a shoe disappears down the back of a closet, he finds a new meaning to life.  

Genre: Comedy/Drama (with a touch of romance.)

Hope the judges will be ok with a screenplay about a trainer aka a sneaker aka a shoe.

Edited by FrankieLee - 19 Jul 2020 at 6:29pm
cub3dworld View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cub3dworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 2:40am
OFF TRAIL

When Ray and Kellie's son doesn't return from a trip to the mountains, the ranchers brave the elements to bring him home.

Genre: Drama

Edited by cub3dworld - 19 Jul 2020 at 8:43pm
SWC 20 R3, Off Trail
Professy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Professy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 3:37am
I reckon you'll be fine. I had the same thought but ended up going down a different path. TBH, I was really thrown by "A Trainer" and wasn't sure what it meant. I made mine an animal trainer. I hope that's acceptable!
Professy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Professy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 3:39am
Originally posted by FrankieLee FrankieLee wrote:

Shall I get this started? Can't wait to read everyone's take. First time I've done this and I certainly need a good nap.

LOST AND FOUND
When a shoe disappears down the back of a closet, he finds a new meaning to life.  

Hope the judges will be ok with a screenplay about a trainer aka a sneaker aka a shoe.

I reckon you'll be fine. I had the same thought but ended up going down a different path. TBH, I was really thrown by "A Trainer" and wasn't sure what it meant. I made mine an animal trainer. I hope that's acceptable!
beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 3:53am

Finding Mrs Teresa Neele

After learning her husband wants a divorce to marry another woman, a young Agatha Christie falls into despair. Until she remembers her particular talent for irresistible mysteries.

Edit to add genre: historical fiction, with a smidge of comedy and mystery

Edited by beckyrcollins - 19 Jul 2020 at 10:13am
alexdsut View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexdsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 5:26am
Genre: Sci-Fi / Dark Comedy

JACK

Fitness android Jack has but one job: help people keep in shape. Problem is, with the disappearance of his regular clientele, that purpose becomes a lot harder to fulfill.

-----

As always, I have created the most ingenious of titles...  

Edited by alexdsut - 19 Jul 2020 at 11:58am
SC R3 (Sci-Fi/Dark Comedy) JACK
SC R2 G5 (Drama) Farewell Myfanwy
FrankieLee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankieLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Professy Professy wrote:

Originally posted by FrankieLee FrankieLee wrote:

LOST AND FOUND

Thanks Professy. Yeah a sneaker was the first thing that came to mind. I wonder how many of us went there!
Baby_Swiss View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baby_Swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:20am
Cold Comfort

A debt-ridden woman believes her sister is dead. A sadistic private investigator has other ideas.

---

I've never gotten this far in one of these competitions, so I have no idea what to expect! Really, I'm just happy to be here haha. Good luck to everyone!

EDIT: Genre is Noir, though more broadly you could classify it as Mystery.

Edited by Baby_Swiss - 19 Jul 2020 at 10:24am
Screenwriting R3: Cold Comfort
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:40am
Would love to know everyone's genre choice too! I like to include it in the Master List. :)
Flash Fiction 2020 C1 G76 Liquid Courage (Fantasy)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic