NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SC2019 beta reading

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheezopath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SC2019 beta reading
    Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:39am
was considering getting involved in beta reading this time round. How do we normally do this?
Sponsored Links

beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 12:07pm
A kind soul will add a post, you chuck your name/email/group up, maybe email a couple of folks who have done the same with your pdf + prompts and see if they've got the time to read/ feedback on it (they usually do). 

Everyone just plays it by ear and reads what they can when they can. Since it's a longer round, I guess people will have a 'ready to read' status next to their name or something to that effect. 

For the feedback itself you can be as detailed as you want. Some people put thorough comments on the pdfs themselves and correct all typos/ formatting errors etc, some people write more general comments about what worked and what didn't. All up to you. Your feedback comments on the final posts are helpful anyway, so stick to that format of bullet pointing while you read if that's how you work Smile
SWC R2 Clean Intentions (Thriller)
SWC R1 Released (Ghost)
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:47am
You can also just put your hand up in the thread like this. The spreadsheet works, but so do Beta threads. My hand is up.
SSC-'19 By Brighton Beach (Ghost)
SW'19 R1 H5 An Apple for the Boatman (Ghost)
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 12:17pm
After the last go-round, I'm questioning my effectiveness as a beta reader. If I decide to read, I'll be on the spreadsheet when it's posted. Any idea who's going to post it this time?

Best of luck to all participating.

Smile
SisterRosetta View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SisterRosetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:02pm
My hand is also up :) Happy to read whatever.
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 11:19pm
Feel free to add your info to the spreadsheet below!! :)

Beta Spreadsheet
Screenwriting 2019 R1 G22 Mars-Z-Um (Horror)
thesaura73 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesaura73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:24am
Added! Needing betas now if anyone is willing (will gladly reciprocate)!
SC R1 - Hothouse Flowers (Mystery)
SS Ch1 - A Curated Experience (Suspense)
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:38am
Apologies to all... I've had a personal matter rear its ugly head, preventing me from both being a beta reader and completing my entry for Round 1. Best of luck to all of you. I look forward to reading what all of you have done when posted in the Forum. Real life sucks!
beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 7:27am
Originally posted by NilesPerry NilesPerry wrote:

Apologies to all... I've had a personal matter rear its ugly head, preventing me from both being a beta reader and completing my entry for Round 1. Best of luck to all of you. I look forward to reading what all of you have done when posted in the Forum. Real life sucks!

I'm so sorry to hear that! You will be missed. Hope everything works out okay! 
SWC R2 Clean Intentions (Thriller)
SWC R1 Released (Ghost)
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 7:32am
Originally posted by NilesPerry NilesPerry wrote:

Hope everything works out for ya!
ssc Ulysses"s Weakness
Sp R1 Of Flowers, Trees, and Fish
<a href="https://tiny.cc/ksci1y" rel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic