NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round Two results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudithB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round Two results
    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 4:51am
We get results of round two today, do I have that right? Does anyone know what time?

Just re-read my round two horror. I was hopeful, but now can only see errors. desperate to be put out of my misery.  
jb
SkylerAutumn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkylerAutumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 6:14am
lol I hear that. You can check this website 11:59 pm EDT and the results will be up : )  Good Luck!
JudithB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudithB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 6:57am
Thank you - and breathe.  
jb
nickwascreative View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickwascreative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 2:20pm
The email that was sent after the Round 2 submission said Wednesday July 14 at 11:59 pm est. For me that’s 10:59 tonight. I feel like they were released earlier than that timeframe on the first round but that was all a daze!

Good luck!
Krg93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krg93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 3:47pm
Know exactly how you feel, just want to know now. I think it works out at 4:59am for me. Good luck everyone. Smile
mjknlr View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjknlr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 4:44pm
Didn't make it -- was really happy with my screenplay, but I'm fairly certain I got disqualified for not aligning with my genre enough. Great work everyone, see y'all next year!
pentailed View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentailed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 5:07pm
Just saw the results email—I didn’t make it but looking forward to my feedback. Really hoping to fix my problems and work the script into something decent. 

Congrats to all that made it through! 

Sarah
SWC 21 1st round: The Bureau of Temporal Control

SWC 21 2nd round: Brave Beauty

BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 5:45pm
Yep as expected I didn't advance, but that is sometimes when I get the best critical feedback, and I did get excellent feedback from the judges as to what didn't work. So good!

Good luck to all this weekend!
bluevervain View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluevervain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 7:00pm
Honorable mention! Which is better than I was hoping for. I wasn't happy with what I wrote at all, so I didn't post it. I did mean to at least offer feedback on my group mates' work but time got away from me. This was a great introduction to screenwriting, though! I'd never tried it before and found the very idea intimidating, and now I'm looking forward to the next screenwriting contest. So, I'm very happy to have tried something new!

ETA my feedback from the judges was also really in-depth and helpful. 

Edited by bluevervain - 14 Jul 2021 at 7:01pm
swilki View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 8:25pm
Honorable mention, really really happy with that, this comp has been an amazing learning curve. Good luck to anyone who's progressing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>