NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 3 - Titles and Synopses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JennC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 11:48am
Come On Already Smile

(No, the title's not missing a comma.) 

Synopsis:Acting student Gianna Vonderson has a captivating smile, 
but no one at the Tri-States Beauty Pageant knows what hides behind it.

Edited by JennC - 13 May 2018 at 11:50am
Jenn

Click here to read Work-Life Balance
Marguerite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marguerite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 12:11pm
                                                                The Other Side

In the ruins of his once promising career, Domingo Ortega does his best to stay afloat.

R1H2 2nd Compromised

R2H24 1st What a Deep...
JESimpson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JESimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 12:24pm
chrissie0707:
>> YUSSSSSS. I would have said Drama if I had to declare to a genre, but that also sort of seemed like the easy way out.

I was so confused when I finished the first draft that I did something I never do: gave the story to The Missus for her opinion on the question.

If pressed, I might have said "Historical Fiction" -- but I don't think I could have said it with a straight face. Lol.

Edited by JESimpson - 13 May 2018 at 12:26pm
My Round 2 Story: Closure
rachell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 1:51pm

Self-Less

When Christina, a popular actress on State TV, finds herself pregnant, she knows she won’t be allowed to keep her baby. But she never expected the government would force her to give the baby to its father and his fake TV boyfriend.

(I'm so impressed by all of your synopses! Can't wait to read these!)

Dani0107 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dani0107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 3:26pm
cool title.
Dani0107 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dani0107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 3:29pm
Title: Fatty Boy

Synopsis: When Toby sees a woman being abused on the tubehe triesto overcome his fear of bullies and become a hero. 

I need to learn how to write a synopsis that is more than factual. Some of the synopses on here are incredible! 

NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Meggles Meggles wrote:

Vanishing

An actress with one of the most recognizable faces in the world deals with feelings of loss as she travels to the home of her mother, who no longer recognizes her.

This sounds beautifully poignant....very 'The Notebook'
My Mum has dementia, so will look forward to reading when posted!

Paula x
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Dani0107 Dani0107 wrote:

cool title.

Whose? I'm presuming 'Self-less' the post before yours? I love your synopsis! And your title, for me especially as a teacher who hears all sorts of awful comments amongst kids at school, is priceless!!

Paula x

Edited by NYCNewbie - 13 May 2018 at 4:46pm
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by JESimpson JESimpson wrote:

<span id="userPro17" ="msgSidePro" title="View Drop Down">chrissie0707:</span>
>> YUSSSSSS. I would have said Drama if I had to declare to a genre, but that also sort of seemed like the easy way out.

I was so confused when I finished the first draft that I did something I never do: gave the story to The Missus for her opinion on the question.

If pressed, I might have said "Historical Fiction" -- but I don't think I could have said it with a straight face. Lol.

I have no bloody idea what I wrote! It definitely had 'Historical Fiction' as a part of it.....actually thinking now through the still thick headache I have...... A LOT of HF. But, probably more drama/suspense perhaps?

P x

plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by chrissie0707 chrissie0707 wrote:

Originally posted by JESimpson JESimpson wrote:

[Aside: I was so glad we could simply choose "whatever" as the genre, but didn't have to declare what we'd chosen. I have no -- zero -- idea how I'd have classified this one!]

YUSSSSSS. I would have said Drama if I had to declare to a genre, but that also sort of seemed like the easy way out.

YES!! to this... I still have no idea what genre mine's in... not Drama... but not really anything else either. Tongue
FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>