NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 3, for fun?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adfav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round 3, for fun?
    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 3:59pm
Hey guys! I did not move on from round 2 (I really struggled with the genre, turns out comedy is hard?), but loved the prompts for round 3. I'm working on an entry, and obviously it's ineligible for competition, but I was curious if other people plan to do the same thing?
thejamesandrews View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejamesandrews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 4:16pm
Since I had blocked out today to write (just in case I was fortunate enough to move on to round 3), I've committed to re-writing one of my older shorts today. It's not related to the R3 prompt, but it's something I'm hoping to shoot as soon as COVID allows.

I'd be happy to trade feedback if you're interested, despite my script not being based on today's prompt. Let me know!
SSC20 R2 H20: Rumors About Princes
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by adfav adfav wrote:

Hey guys! I did not move on from round 2 (I really struggled with the genre, turns out comedy is hard?), but loved the prompts for round 3. I'm working on an entry, and obviously it's ineligible for competition, but I was curious if other people plan to do the same thing?
I've seen people do this in the past. I signed on to beta read, so I'm doing that and keeping busy with a different project that's building momentum. I believe... as long as it's clearly stated it's not an official Round Three script... you can post to the forum and get feedback. I seem to remember coming across that topic before, but I might be wrong. Best to inquire of the forum as a whole to see if that would be all right.
SSC '20 CH 1, Foiled
LeilaLay View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeilaLay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 9:16pm

I’d definitely be interested in this - also love the prompts. Even if they can’t be posted in the forum, would be happy to switch? I haven’t started writing anything but have a clear idea of what I’d like to.
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 12:08am

Wish we could have swapped genres! Comedy is my go-to. The world-building sci-fi is really hard for me. 
Screenplay R1 Autocorrect
Flash Fiction R1 The Grim Truth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic