NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 2 Titles & Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Pumpkincurry Pumpkincurry wrote:

I would like to share my screenplays, rounds one and two, but I'm absolutely flummoxed by the instructions. It looks like you have to have the screenplays in some kind of area or format that is linkable, which I don't get. Then after that, you create a link, which I don't get. Then to display it in this forum, I don't get. 

If I did understand all that, I would share both "Unjust Desserts" from round one, and "Susan's Touch" from round two, from the fantasy/leaving home/hair stylist group. 

If anyone were to take me through the stages, they would have to go about it as if I were a total idiot who never linked or shared or synced or otherwise cobbled together anything on a computer before. 

Doug the Slow

Hey, Doug! If all else fails, I'm happy to do what I've done in the past. You can change your password to something generic temporarily, PM it to me, and I will set up both the links, forum posts, and your sig line links for you. I know you don't know me and this may sound weird, but I get that it can be difficult, and I want your scripts to be read! Just let me know. ;-)
Sponsored Links

NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

I would like to share my screenplays, rounds one and two, but I'm absolutely flummoxed by the instructions... otherwise cobbled together anything on a computer before. 
Doug the Slow

Hey, Doug! If all else fails, I'm happy to do what I've done in the past. You can change your password to something generic temporarily, PM it to me, and I will set up both the links, forum posts, and your sig line links for you. I know you don't know me and this may sound weird, but I get that it can be difficult, and I want your scripts to be read! Just let me know. ;-)
I just love all the forum people I've met and gotten to know. Anywhere else, this suggestion would have gotten a huge, "GASP! Give you my password!?!?" out of me! But not here. Super kind of you to offer to help Doug.
Thumbs Up

Edited by NilesPerry - 19 Jun 2019 at 3:10pm
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by NilesPerry NilesPerry wrote:

Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

I would like to share my screenplays, rounds one and two, but I'm absolutely flummoxed by the instructions... otherwise cobbled together anything on a computer before. 
Doug the Slow

I just love all the forum people I've met and gotten to know. Anywhere else, this suggestion would have gotten a huge, "GASP! Give you my password!?!?" out of me! But not here. Super kind of you to offer to help Doug.
Thumbs Up

Aww, thanks for vouching for my non-nefarious offer! I just hate to see hard work missed. Takes a village, etc. Handshake
Pumpkincurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pumpkincurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 5:58pm
I have Google Drive on my cellphone, which is an Apple product. I stopped using them when they unilaterally and without notice deleted all my older photos.

Recently I had been using OneDrive for cloud-based storage, but I find that I cannot always get into it, particularly if I am using a different computer. And, some documents that I saved on OneDrive are just not there. 

So for me cloud services have done this: 
- permanently removed photos of loved ones
- lost my creative writing and other documents, maybe forever
- prevented me from accessing my own documents, sometimes

I am 100% turned off by cloud services at this point. I just use email to make sure I have access to my documents from different vantages. But I guess I have to use them in order to make a document available to this forum? I assume that is why that was question #1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pumpkincurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 6:02pm
Hello Vernacula,
Thank you for the offer. I'd be happy to take you up on your offer, but I don't exactly understand. What password are you talking about? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pumpkincurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 6:05pm
Vernacula, 
Also, you said to PM something to you. I know that PM stands in this case for Private Message. I'm proud of the fact that I know that. But I'm not proud to admit that I don't know how to send a PM to someone whose email address I don't know. 
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 6:38pm

Vernacula, 
Also, you said to PM something to you. I know that PM stands in this case for Private Message. I'm proud of the fact that I know that. But I'm not proud to admit that I don't know how to send a PM to someone whose email address I don't know. 

Hi. To the left of Vernacula's post, where you see her photo and name, there's a black triangular arrow pointing down. If you click on that, you'll see member's profile, private message and some other stuff. Click on send private message, and it'll take you to the window to write to her.

Hope that helps :)
SSC19 Gr2 Ch1 Love and Stuff
Micro19 Gr14 R1 A Tale of Milk & Toes
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

Vernacula, 

Hi. To the left of Vernacula's post, where you see her photo and name, there's a black triangular arrow pointing down. If you click on that, you'll see member's profile, private message and some other stuff. Click on send private message, and it'll take you to the window to write to her.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks a bunch, he got me!

Doug...I hope you got my reply?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pumpkincurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 6:55pm
Thank you all for your assistance. I have PM'd Vernacula and am receiving assistance with posting. When I get home, I'll be able to send my two screenplays to her so she can pretend to be me. 

Gosh, I hope that you guys end up thinking it's worth it. I do think the comedy (round one) is funny. I hope others find it humorous as well. 

Doug
Shaliza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaliza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 11:56am
I love how everyone interprets their heat assignment so differently. I was at a complete loss on this one, so we'll see what the judges think, I guess. I'm just happy I got it done!

HEAT 2: Action/Adventure/A groundskeeper/reputation

The Garden of Stephen

A groundskeeper and his apprentice battle a mysterious beast in the Garden of Eden.

R2 H2: The Garden of Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic