NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 2 Titles and Synopses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoapySuds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:20am
Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

Group 26: romantic comedy / a lapse in judgment / an ambulance chaser

Never Felt So Alive

Easton is a reaper, trudging through his internship to climb death’s corporate ladder: complete his soul quota, land a full-time apprenticeship, and get on with his afterlife. But when he meets a fascinating dead girl with a dying wish, he wonders if there’s more to death than a good career.

Can't wait to read your awesome stories soon <3
I’m a sucker for romcoms thanks to the missus. This sounds so unique and fun! Look forward to this one 
Reasonably_Crazy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reasonably_Crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:24am
Group 22: fairy tale, nocturnal, a postwoman

A Dream of the Sun

I will tell you a story of the Midnight Court, the powerful Kardala, and the time she stole the sun… But only if you stop asking questions.

Can't wait to read all of these!
Reasonably_Crazy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reasonably_Crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:25am
Originally posted by brooke1421 brooke1421 wrote:

Group 22: a fairytale / nocturnal / a postwoman

"King Leopah’s daughters are talented musicians - and talented mediators."
Hi, heatmate! I'm intrigued by your synopsis. I hope you'll post to the forums when the time comes!
knaidu View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knaidu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:27am
Group 32: Thriller / Identical / A plumber

The beauty, the beast and two brothers

Two brothers set off on a mission to rescue the woman they love from the beast, but the journey proves to be endlessly perilous.

Edited by knaidu - 12 Apr 2021 at 12:30am
AlexSammich View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexSammich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:27am
Group 26: Mystery / Pristine / a housekeeper

WORLDS END

Just as the most advanced virtual reality game in the world is about ready to launch, sections of code and various in-game apps are suddenly disappearing. Is it hackers - or an inside sabotage?

Edited by AlexSammich - 12 Apr 2021 at 12:33am
SS Ch1 2021: Asking for a Friend
SS Ch2 2021: Worlds End
alelha View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alelha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:28am
Group 15 - Fantasy/a warrior/smuggling

In the Land of the Beasts

Celia is locked in the crawlspace again, but this time it’s different. Will a magical snake girl convince her to set off on a journey to become a warrior?

ElleBee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElleBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:29am
Group 30: ghost story / deprivation / a cleaner

27 Hawthorn Lane

A newly dead ghost returns home to tie up some unfinished business.

WriterByNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WriterByNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:35am
Group 3: historical fiction/ left for dead/ washerwoman or washerman

Invisible Woman

For ten years, an old woman has washed Greek laundry as easily as she’s washed Greek bodies for burial. Now that Troy has fallen, she wants nothing more than to die within the walls of Ilium, but fate has other plans. 

SSC R1 | Dear June
SSC R2 | Invisible Woman
brooke1421 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brooke1421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:39am
Hi! I absolutely will - and hope you will, too! I was so disappointed last round that only two other heatmates posted! This is my first time doing NYC MIDNIGHT and I didn't know what to expect!

Looking forward to reading your story! Do you have your first round posted? Mine is here: https://forums.nycmidnight.com/round1-group212-giving-back-thriller_topic38316.html

I'd love to hear what you thought! 
Steven Kay View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:41am
Group 24 - comedy / embellishment / a blood donor

Juice

Famous actor Sullivan Rogers is desperate to repair his reputation after a huge misunderstanding threatens to ruin his career, but things quickly escalate when his agent Rupert enlists the unlikely help of a nurse in order to put on a show for the cameras.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
  Share Topic