NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 2 Results!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

Well well well. Bring it on - except this Saturday I'm moving with my whole family to France via plane, train and automobile... so wish me luck finding the time! 

Well, dang.  We were there in May; to meed the inestimable TimG we would have gone out of our way to take you and your wife to dinner!
This Sig Intentionally Blank
Sponsored Links

manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:54am
Originally posted by jalex77 jalex77 wrote:

Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

Well well well. Bring it on - except this Saturday I'm moving with my whole family to France via plane, train and automobile... so wish me luck finding the time! 

I'm right there with you. (Not France. I wish France.) My mom's 70th birthday is this weekend and the festivities are on Saturday...

I’m on the no-time team as well - my sister’s bachelorette is all day Saturday and somehow I don’t think hunkering over my laptop is going to fit into the group dynamic, lol. Basically I’m planning on having an immediate stroke of genius on friday and getting it all done then...
Patrickjprice View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrickjprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:00am
Congratulations all! Many good scripts going through. Sadly I’m out, but (this being my first competition) am proud to have have made it this far and to have stumbled across this excellent community. Good luck in the final round!
MissKeister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:21am
Originally posted by beckyrcollins beckyrcollins wrote:

I'm just plain out LOL My flash is no better but at least we get two guaranteed rounds!

I'm in the same boat (minus flash).  Was disappointed to not see you advance!

Congrats to all who made it, and to all the HMs! 

AND congrats to everyone else -- I think it's so wonderful we're all practicing our fast-twitch-muscle-creativity and building our repertoire :)  

*inserts gif of Oprah happy-screaming and pointing to everyone*

<3

SC R1 G31 - Salt & Light (5th)
SC R2 G11 - Phantom Pains
Paula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 3:20pm
Congratulations to everyone who participated and to those who made it to the final. Well done!! Although I didn’t go through this time, it’s been lots of fun. This contest has shaken the creative bug in me and I now want to write and write...

And of course, the forum is gold. Great bunch of people to learn from :-)

I’m doing Flash too, so I have another NYCM competition to look forward to.

P x

Edited by Paula - 18 Jul 2019 at 3:21pm
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Paula Paula wrote:

Congratulations to everyone who participated and to those who made it to the final. Well done!! Although I didn’t go through this time, it’s been lots of fun. This contest has shaken the creative bug in me and I now want to write and write...

And of course, the forum is gold. Great bunch of people to learn from :-)

I’m doing Flash too, so I have another NYCM competition to look forward to.

P x

Paula - I didn't get to review your screenplay, but I will go review your flash piece later today if it's posted!
tedsturge View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tedsturge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 3:56am
Super excited to have moved on to the next round, but it looks like I, too, am a member of the no time team. I'm a groomsman in my cousin's wedding on Saturday :0

Looks like this should be an interesting round in the forums!

Congrats to everyone on great screenplays all around; it's so great to be a part of a community this supportive and helpful. 
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 4:43am
Originally posted by MissKeister MissKeister wrote:

Originally posted by beckyrcollins beckyrcollins wrote:

I'm just plain out LOL My flash is no better but at least we get two guaranteed rounds!

I'm in the same boat (minus flash).  Was disappointed to not see you advance!

Congrats to all who made it, and to all the HMs! 

AND congrats to everyone else -- I think it's so wonderful we're all practicing our fast-twitch-muscle-creativity and building our repertoire :)  

*inserts gif of Oprah happy-screaming and pointing to everyone*

<3

Here you go Alex!

And I echo these sentiments.....well done everyone. This place rocks!
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 4:46am
Originally posted by tedsturge tedsturge wrote:

Super excited to have moved on to the next round, but it looks like I, too, am a member of the no time team. I'm a groomsman in my cousin's wedding on Saturday :0

Looks like this should be an interesting round in the forums!

Congrats to everyone on great screenplays all around; it's so great to be a part of a community this supportive and helpful. 

Oh wow!
Good luck.
I remember somebody was actually GETTING MARRIED on the day of the finals of Short Story last year......she'd got the days mixed up and thought the final was Friday not Saturday.....

Anyway....I believe you can do this....plan it in your head the whole day and then....bash out those pages!
Patrickjprice View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrickjprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 5:01am
I’m also available for beta reading if I’d be of any use to anyone. Feel free to reach out. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic