NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 2 Prompts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 9:19am
Originally posted by realbadger realbadger wrote:

Last year for C2 I got Spy genre, which was new. I came up with a li'l Mission Impossible (tv classic level) assignment.
Both my scripts Placed last year, though not enough points to move on to R2.
This year, my C1 script didn't Place, and to my surprise, C2 was again: Spy...
Aware that even if I came up with a short that managed to place as #1, I'd still not move on again, I literally wrote a follow-up to last year's C2 Spy script; same characters, different setting and mission, though this time a nice li'l knife-fight action scene.
I enjoy this competition, even if I "only" come away with a few new short scripts for my files...
With the placings you honestly never know. It really depends on how your group places and it's entirely possible to not place in ch1 and go through on the strength of your ch2 points. Similarly it's possible to win in ch1 and flame out in ch2
But either way the benefit of this comp is the chance to write and try new stuff and get feedback from the forum and the judging. The prizes are just a mythical maybe-one-day bonus
realbadger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realbadger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 9:32am
Cool! I was unaware of the nuance of the group's overall point score.
Definitely concur with the latter part of your reply; thanks!
Geoffrey Gould
http://linktr.ee/geoffreygould
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345