NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 2 is soon!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 10:03pm
We're writers, 'semantics' are the whole game!
FFC CH1 H76 - Work To Be Done
FFC CH2 H76 - A Princess in Distress
Sponsored Links

haole View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 7:24am
Some antics, indeed
Lisel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lisel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:21am
 I have now been told. Thank you. 😃
ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

Yeah, so I was talking to my dad earlier today, and I told him we get results midweek and then I'll be writing a story that weekend. He said, "Well, yeah, if you assume you'll make it to the next round, Miss High and Mighty," and I was like, "Um. It's a non-elimination round, Mr. Brains." Big smile

OMG. I just snorted my matcha. It burns. IT BURNS!
LOL
EricM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EricM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 7:01pm
Okay, after putting this contest out of my mind for over a month, my excitement meter is back to Threat Level Raspberry. 

I've told my readers about this contest and I've promised to disclose my results...but now I'm a bit anxious about having done that! 
CH1 GP113 The World's Most Dangerous Fly (Comedy)(6 points)
CH2 GP113 A Scoop of Reality (Drama)
Zelda View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Zelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 11:07pm
Thanks for liking my hilarious relationship with Mr. Brains, everyone! He is exceptionally hung up on semantics... go figure. 

To EricM: Oh, don't fret. If you score poorly, always, always, always blame the judges. We've all done it!! (Am I right? Anyone out there who's done it, thank me for this post. I can't thank my own post, but I'll get things started by copping to it.) 
https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic23338_post296109.html#296109 <--- CH2 flash link
Judy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 9:34am
Round one results on Wednesday? After not thinking about this competition in a while, I feel suddenly queasy. How does anyone psych themselves up for Friday if they get shredded on Wednesday?

If anyone here is willing to be a beta reader, please send me a message. I didn’t have any in the first challenge and it really shows.
brianosull View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brianosull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

Thanks for liking my hilarious relationship with Mr. Brains, everyone! He is exceptionally hung up on semantics... go figure. 

To EricM: Oh, don't fret. If you score poorly, always, always, always blame the judges. We've all done it!! (Am I right? Anyone out there who's done it, thank me for this post. I can't thank my own post, but I'll get things started by copping to it.) 

Though this is my first time in the contest, I thank you in advance. I'm confident that I will be using this excuse! Tongue
Lisel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lisel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 8:51pm
Let me practice that. 
The judges just couldn’t read it properly. Is that how I do it???😂
Zelda View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 11:00pm
Yeah, you guys definitely have the hang of it! There are so many fun ways to blame the judges that I can't even begin to count them. My personal favorite (and likeliest one I use) is, "My literary masterpiece rendered the judges so insanely envious that they retaliated by scoring against me." (Although that belief generally flies out the window as soon as the feedback email shows up. Still, though, for one day, I have the great feeling that the judges don't appreciate good fiction when they see it.) Big smile

To Judy: Oddly enough, I didn't use any beta readers for the first round either. If I recall, I was feeling rather unsociable that weekend. But I'll definitely beta-read for you! :-) And I'm sure you'll do better than you think! 

Edited by Zelda - 07 Sep 2019 at 11:00pm
https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic23338_post296109.html#296109 <--- CH2 flash link
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic