NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 2, how you doing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g_howie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round 2, how you doing?
    Posted: 29 May 2021 at 3:20pm
Hi folks, Group 14 here (fantasy / bravery / a foreigner). I think I've finished my first draft in a bit of a frenzy. I'm letting it rest for the evening and will double check the madness in the morning. 

I've got a glass of wine, I've got too much adrenaline - so thought I'd drop in to see how others are doing? 
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 3:32pm
Yay, a heatmate! Good for you for finishing the draft! I'm just starting - so coffee for me vs. wine. Wine tomorrow ! LOL
pgleleux View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgleleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 3:59pm
 Got a tad over a page left to go. Having to take a break for a graduation party. Should finish early this evening. I was wondering if there were going to be beta readers available.

Group 2- Romance, prima donna, unorganized.
Read R1 Grp 41 A Fighting Chance
g_howie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g_howie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

Yay, a heatmate! Good for you for finishing the draft! I'm just starting - so coffee for me vs. wine. Wine tomorrow ! LOL

High 5, heat mate! Very best of luck, hope the caffeine makes the first drafting go smoothly. Enjoy the wine when it comes around, looking forward to reading how you interpret the prompts!
Speak soon
g_howie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g_howie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by pgleleux pgleleux wrote:

Got a tad over a page left to go. Having to take a break for a graduation party. Should finish early this evening. I was wondering if there were going to be beta readers available.

Group 2- Romance, prima donna, unorganized.

Best of luck and enjoy the party! I saw a beta reader post floating around the forum toward the start of the challenge, I'm not sure if that was for Round 1 only or for the full length of the challenge?! Will track it down and send if I find it 
catnamedeaster View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote catnamedeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 5:20pm
I've got 6 pages of a first draft and I just don't know. I'll also be looking for beta readers, probably tomorrow afternoon. 

@g_howie - That list was for the first round, but hopefully another will be started for this one. Smile
pentailed View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentailed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 6:08pm
Hey, lots of heat-mates here! I'm also group 14.

My god, I'm earning a glass today. Its been pissing down rain all day, which has helped keep me in my chair. Usually I"m an inveterate procrastinator, and this contest is really challenging me on that front.

Last scene planned and waiting to be written, getting very nervous about the whole thing but screw it, I'm thrilled to be writing this weekend. Who knows, maybe I can even proofread this time around!

SWC 21 1st round: The Bureau of Temporal Control

SWC 21 2nd round: Brave Beauty

northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 8:00pm
You can just make a beta spreadsheet or find the old thread and bump it up. I may be interested in swapping depending on how much time I have. 

Edited by northernwriter - 29 May 2021 at 8:01pm
Microfiction 2021: 4th place overall
Flash Fiction 2020: 8th place overall
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 8:27pm
I may have crashed and burned - I usually stretch the genre but in this case it is not remotely within the genre! There's still another day, but...yikes.
Popsicle Crows View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popsicle Crows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 10:34pm
I was so worried about getting romance that I forgot to worry about getting Crime Caper. Got Crime Caper/a forgery/a cleaner.
Idea came in a snap. Wrote all 5 pages in one fell swoop and then realized it was 8 pages.
And then my personal caper began.

Final Draft to PDF to test since it wouldn't convert last time.
Not working this time either and no title issues.
Reformat manually with word..
Converting as advised by Mr.Google and my 8 pages plus title page converted to 9 in the new format. With no title page.
Reformat from WORD to PDF. Lost all formatting again AND it changed the all caps parts. Still no page numbers.
Ate some junk food, got more coffee.

Then went from RTF to pdf and had to lose two spaces because the page numbers weren't accepted again.

Soooo, story is humming along fine, not sure if it's technically a crime caper though. Ideas doing well. Computer skills, not so much.

And a minute ago my computer froze solid when I tried to send the draft to a reader friend.
Need to take a break from the story so I started reading here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>