NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 1 Results Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsaslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 10:53pm
Listen - if you want to rest easy about which judge you get - here's a simple tip to follow:  just don't spell out your small numbers - wait, I mean ALWAYS spell out your numbers, no matter how big - wait, ah, crap, I can't remember the damn tip!  OK, DON'T USE ANY NUMBERS IN YOUR STORY!

Big smile

I'll take two hours earlier than advertised: 9:59 PM EST on Wednesday, Sept. 15.

Edited by dsaslav - 13 Sep 2010 at 10:54pm
David Saslav

NYCMidnight Participant since 2009
All Prior NYCM Prompts and Stories (except one) may be found beginning August/September 2009, at
http://dsaslav.blogspot.com/
Sponsored Links

sutekh137 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sutekh137 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 12:04am
Originally posted by leehallison leehallison wrote:

Question - when did results come out last year for the flash (CWC) challenge?

Which challenge?  IIRC, all results were late, ranging from just half a day to around two days.  That's just a gut feel, though.  I'm not sure how to know for sure, as I don't keep the emails...

(and by "late", I mean later than what they say they will do in the Official Participation Rules, which usually have the results coming out the Ednesday before the next challenge, again IIRC).

JoeK
==============================================
Slow down. In attempting to do everything at once, you're missing it all.
size17 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote size17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 11:20am
Originally posted by sutekh137 sutekh137 wrote:

Originally posted by size17 size17 wrote:

thursday noon EST Sept. 17

September 17th is a Friday.

JoeK
or so you think...maybe due to various glitches in space-time, I might get friday's results on thursday...

but for the official record, please list my entry at thursday noon, sept. 16. 
sutekh137 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sutekh137 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 11:21am
Originally posted by size17 size17 wrote:

or so you think...maybe due to various glitches in space-time, I might get friday's results on thursday...

but for the official record, please list my entry at thursday noon, sept. 16. 

Glitches in space-time...I love it!  Plus, that is an excuse we haven't seen yet when judging is delayed, so perhaps you have given NYCMMM an idea.  *smile*

JoeK
topangarose View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 5:06am
Speaking of time and space, I was betting on Oct for the the results Confused (thanks for pointing that out Joe- can you tell i'm tired?) but Joe is speaking in terms of Ednesday, so I'm guessing, maybe the results will actually come out on Ednesday, Ocsember 15ht, at 59:11mp. 

If i'm right, I'll buy you all a round at the Raven and the Rose bar in glalxy 7 (or seven, depending on who's listening)

-Turn left at the north star and straight on till morning- leave immediatly upon receipt of your standings so you can get there before the milky way shuts down for maintenance.  Meet me in a twinkle near the poooool table.  Call your shots Beer

londongirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 12:35pm
Just noticed the group assignment pages have been updated with columns for the points, when they come. Is it sad that I'm just a little bit excited about that?
sreiches View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sreiches Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by londongirl londongirl wrote:

Just noticed the group assignment pages have been updated with columns for the points, when they come. Is it sad that I'm just a little bit excited about that?

You're excited? I'm petrified.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Krishnamurti

Challenge 2, Group 10, "Vanilla Politics"
fatsnowball View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatsnowball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 4:28pm
I really don't like that they list our names next to the points. Couldn't we have done it, well, some other anonymous way? It's going to blow when I get last place and it's public info on the internet.
sutekh137 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sutekh137 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by fatsnowball fatsnowball wrote:

I really don't like that they list our names next to the points. Couldn't we have done it, well, some other anonymous way? It's going to blow when I get last place and it's public info on the internet.

Unless we know your name (I don't know yours off the top of my head...), how can we map forum username to real name?  You're safe, unless you place highly, and then we'll be able to match story to name to username (since you posted your piece).

If you want to stay anonymous, there are several ways to go about it:

-- Use a fake name to register (though not sure how well that works if you end up winning a prize!)
-- Don't post your story.
-- Make sure your real name in nowhere on your story content, email address, on your blog, etc.
-- Make sure your story doesn't place in top five (which is how many they usually post as the "top" of each group.) That's probably not all that desirable.  *smile*

In other words, you should be able to be as anonymous (or not) as you want to be.  And if you get last place, we won't really have any idea of who you are (other than that your piece didn't land in the top five...)

Good luck!

JoeK
size17 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote size17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 9:35pm
tic tic tic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic