NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roll Call!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2006 at 2:20pm

If you dig modern fantasy, start with Gaiman's American Gods and Neverwhere. They don't get much better than that.

"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw
durden7 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durden7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2006 at 6:19am

Okay. I will give them a whirl. Smile

thirdman27 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirdman27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2007 at 7:15pm
Andre Dubus is one of the most amazing short story writers. I'm always re-reading his work. also, Rod Serling, Richard Matheson, Stephen King, Ray Bradbury.
richke View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2007 at 4:31am
Hello my name is Rich and this is my 2nd NYC competition.  I enetered the last screenwriter comp and really enjoyed it.  So far i enjoyed that more...but we will se how things turn out...good luck to everyone.
Heat #18 - The Darkness Within   
http://www.richardthomaskeel.com/media/18_TheDarknessWithin.pdf
greginthenorth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greginthenorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2007 at 5:30am
hello all
Im Greg
Ive done 3 NYC film competions
( the last was left in the cold - Mock/leftovers)
but i thought id try my hand in the short story competition
Good luck and fun to all
CarolynA View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarolynA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2007 at 11:53am
Hey -
Carolyn in NC. Decided to do more short story comps this year and NYC Midnight was the first one I heard about. Thought it'd be interesting.

Never have done any screenwriting, but two of my short stories were adapted by others and made into short (very short, 7-9 minutes!) films.
BrooklynGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrooklynGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2007 at 6:39am

This is my first writing comp w/ NYC Midnight.  I was involved in one of the film comp's during the Fall. 

Do our stories get posted somewhere on the website or do we post them???

Thanks all!!!
http://krisnik79.blogspot.com                     www.myspace.com/michiamakris
durden7 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durden7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2007 at 6:45am
You can post your short story in the Sub forum above. There are already a handful there.

You will need to post it on a website somewhere and link it to a post. If you need a storage spot, try orbitfiles.com. It's free.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic