NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RESULTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglypantsuit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 5:00pm
Not even an HM. That stings a bit, considering I felt this was the best entry I've submitted here. My feedback is absolutely useless, too. Like, shockingly bad. Oh well, next year I guess. Congrats to everyone moving on!!

Edited by uglypantsuit - 13 May 2019 at 5:01pm
Sponsored Links

SJR090 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SJR090 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 5:23pm
 Yay! #5, followed by #3. Really scraping through by the skin of my teeth but super chuffed. At least I'm showing a solid progression curve Smile
vlgolden View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vlgolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 5:49pm
Congratulations to all who moved through - good luck this weekend!  I sadly didn't place but I'm so proud I made it to round 2! I received feedback from 4 judges - anyone have any insight on why 4 instead of 3?  Thanks in advance! 
dias View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 5:54pm
HM for me - can't complain, although part of me hoped this would be my year to finally make it to the finals in a prose contest. Guess I'll have to sign up for Flash again!

Congrats to all those moving on, and to everyone for making it this far Clap
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 5:56pm
[QUOTE=SJR090] Yay! #5, followed by #3. Really scraping through by the skin of my teeth but super chuffed. At least I'm showing a solid progression curve Smile[/QUOT

I'm so pleased that you got through - "The Pilgrim" was such a powerful piece - can't wait to read your Round 3 story :-)
FF2019 R1 Broken Wing
Seacore View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:03pm
Disappointed but unsurprised that I didn't get through, and the advice was pretty spot on, for the most part.

Congratulations to those who made it. 
FFC CH1 H76 - Work To Be Done
manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by dias dias wrote:

HM for me - can't complain, although part of me hoped this would be my year to finally make it to the finals in a prose contest. Guess I'll have to sign up for Flash again!

There must have been some insane stories in your heat because your story was amazing! Thoroughly enjoyed it and am proud to be in the HM club if stories like yours are there!
FFC Ch1: Treasure Valley
Screenplay Finals: Animal Instincts
dias View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by manifestlynot manifestlynot wrote:

Originally posted by dias dias wrote:

There must have been some insane stories in your heat because your story was amazing! Thoroughly enjoyed it and am proud to be in the HM club if stories like yours are there!

Aw thanks manifestlynot! Right back at you!

(And I can safely say having read my heatmates' stories, there was some insane talent there. I'm glad at least one of them made it through!)
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Seacore Seacore wrote:

Disappointed but unsurprised that I didn't get through, and the advice was pretty spot on, for the most part.

Congratulations to those who made it. 

I was really surprised that the judges turned their back on Milton, who was such a sympathetic and heroic - ah twas ever the fate of a perfect wierdo :-(
FF2019 R1 Broken Wing
The_Duke View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:08pm
Completely gobsmacked at getting 1st in my heat - and completely panicking now as I realise this means I have to write in/through/around airports on Friday/Saturday in an area not renowned for its wifi... Confused
FFC 2019 R1: Code of Conduct
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic