NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results date?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Results date?
    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 7:40pm
Do we know when that is?  I don't see it anywhere. Does it come as a surprise? Do they show up at someone's door with a bunch of balloons and a giant check?  Am I missing something?
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:05pm
Ha! It's buried deep in the rules pdf :) March 24! That's the day before my sister's birthday so it's annoyingly hard to forget. Usually I just kinda... forget a contest exists until I get results. I consider it an ADHD superpower that only helps with contest anxiety
MFC Final: Some Things Can't Be Fixed (10th)

SSC R1: Ink Running (1st)
kristina_f View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristina_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 2:03am
I actually thought it was the 19th, but I was confusing that with the Screenwriting Challenge.

After submitting, I sort of lost steam for thinking about deadlines. I'm excited to see who placed, but I don't really have expectations for so much as an HM for myself atm. It's easier that way, mentally. Same with SSC round 1 results early April. I've left time open to write if I do go through, but part of me is almost ready to take a break. 

I haven't even had a chance to read stories from the MF250 round yet. I'd like to get through a whole bunch before results are announced in a few weeks. Also, no offence to the non-forum posters, but I home someone from the forums takes the top spot. I know it's not rational, but other wise it feels like a stranger snuck in and stole the top prize (though eventually that story will be published one way or the other).
250:
R2 G7
SSC:
R1 G127 Degenerate Tarot
mcockcroft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcockcroft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 5:15pm
I was wondering about that date myself. Thanks!
- M. Cockcroft
marlainacockcroft.com
@mdcroft
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 12:34pm
Look at your submission confirmation when you want to know the date of results.  The official rules is often not updated from prior years, so the information there is often incorrect.  

Assuming you are asking for the results of the Short Story Competition (I don't believe you said, if so, I missed it), then, according to my confirmation, the results will be released on April 5th.  

It is still wise to check your confirmation if you were asking about another competition.  In fact, you might want to go over it anyway just for sh*ts and giggles.  It is an informative document.  Best- Sootfoot5
I'm not posting this time
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic