NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RESULTS ARE UP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosie J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 7:11am
I didn't get through, but I'd have been shocked if I did - mystery scares me as a genre and the piece needed a tonne of work!

After my forum feedback, I was dreading what the judges would say. But it was super positive, different to what other writers had said, and it just made me want to write more. What's that? I've got constructive criticism and DON'T want to quit writing forever? Dear god I'm finally learning - YES!

Congrats to everyone who are going forward, you're already winners in my eyes Tongue
R4 (Sci Fi): What Hope Sounds Like
Sponsored Links

Heartstart View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heartstart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:24am
Got an HM, but I'm pretty happy with that. It's an improvement on last year, when I was knocked out after Round 1 (albeit with an HM). 

Good luck to everyone tackling Round 3! 
LaurieH View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurieH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 10:18am
Didn't place at all.

Problem is, only one person in my heat placed.  There were a couple of stories that I thought should move on.  Mine - not so much.  The peer reviews I got on the forum showed up some very valid holes in my story, which I knew the judges would immediately pounce on.  

But, considering how good some of the other stories were...I'd LOVE to read the ones that did make it!
Feedback will be returned
FFC 2019 R1 G11 Train Ride
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic