NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results are out...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Results are out...
    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 5:09pm
Utterly shocked to be in second - I genuinely had no hopes for that one whatsoever. Congratulations to everyone going through and good luck on Saturday!
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 5:16pm
Figured I’ be out this round, so at least there’s the satisfaction of being right. Really proud of my group mates who made it!!! Good luck in round 4, I’ll be cheering for you guys (and open to beta-reading!)
Renate View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 5:19pm
Made it to the final round... But I am driving across the country on Saturday expecting 13+ hours in the car and no internet when I arrive. Can't imagine I'll be able to write that day. Boooooo. 😫
NERdling View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NERdling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 5:22pm
Pleased to have gotten 1st HM in my group. A weird mix of bummed and relieved to not be moving on after my struggles in the last round. I may pop in to beta because that’s my fave part!
manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 5:24pm
My gross-out horror managed to get third in my group. Finally made it to my first Short Story finals!
Rhyming R1: Lionheart (Hist fic)
Draiglas View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 5:24pm
I'm honestly a bit relieved I'm out. I've been unwell all week and having to get up early on Saturday to do another contest wasn't something I was too keen on. Plus I want to go to drumming on Saturday and if I didn't go this Saturday, the next session I'd make would have been mid-July.

Congrats to everyone who got through - I hope you all smash it so well, they have to give you all 1st place. Or you know what I mean anyway.
AubreyZahn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AubreyZahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 5:34pm
Moving on with a 5th place finish! For a story I was so convinced was rubbish that I went ahead and booked a camping trip for this weekend. So I’m gonna be writing my round four piece on my cell phone, in a tent, then I guess driving around looking for WiFi to submit it. 😆

Great job to all! There were some really killer stories this round.
FF Challenge #3 - Minotaur
Snarkmaiden View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snarkmaiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 5:42pm
Fourth again, and my pattern of mimicking my 2020 progression through the comp with a 3rd round 4th place comedy continues!

(So I'm due a nowhere finish in the final!)
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 6:09pm
Bummed to be out, but not at all surprised - I think that it doesn't count to meet the genre requirements if you have a character say, "It's a mystery!" LOLLOLLOL

Good luck to all, see ya in flash fiction!
nickofnight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickofnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 4:20am
Congrats everyone who made it through! I went out here with an HM last year so I’m very excited I got first this time and get to write again! I did get pretty lucky with the genres though… 

Commiserations if you didn’t get through - I hope you’re very proud of yourself for what you achieved getting here, even if there’s a sting. 

If you did get through, best of luck at the weekend!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>