NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results are out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:11pm

Squeaked through with a 5th place.

A little disappointed that 1-4 didn't post in the forums; I always love to read the winning stories in my group! 

Congrats everyone who is moving on. And to everyone who submitted a story. You're all winners for doing the thing!
Probably Someone View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Probably Someone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:12pm
Thrilled to have gotten first! Which is an extra relief since I was the only forum post in my category, so I had no basis for comparison.

But I must have made a mistake on my registration, because it's listed as co-written with myself. Does anyone know whom I should contact to correct this?
Tee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:16pm
My first time in the contest and I placed 2nd in my group! I am beyond thrilled. 

Congratulations to everyone! Even if you didn't place, you accomplished a feat of storytelling.
catnamedeaster View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnamedeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:17pm
I had zero expectation of seeing my name so am pretty pleased with a HM. Congrats to all moving on!
dashesndots2 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashesndots2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:19pm
Out with an HM.

Congrats to everyone who made it through!  
RobinBrooks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinBrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:19pm
Same!!! 

Now I am trying to figure out how to share my story. I was afraid my story wasn't good enough but I made it to the next round! 

hglewis View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hglewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Nimhathuna Nimhathuna wrote:

I came 2nd in my group. Thrilled to bits! I checked it twice to make sure.

I am humbled and shocked as a "newbie" to this competition to have come in 3rd in our group right behind you.  As our character was a "newbie," I find this quite appropriate.  Congrats on advancing, and best of luck!

Edited by hglewis - 06 Apr 2021 at 8:24pm
AubreyZahn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AubreyZahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Probably Someone Probably Someone wrote:

But I must have made a mistake on my registration, because it's listed as co-written with myself. Does anyone know whom I should contact to correct this?

I can't help you with this, but just want to say I'm cracking up at the idea of (inadvertently) crediting yourself as coauthor.

And mazel tov on the first place finish!

SS1 Cursebreaker

SS2 A Great Apocalypse

SS3 Chance Encounter at the Jewel of the Desert
Cosima View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:32pm
2nd in my group. Excited to be moving on!

Congratulations to everyone who made it. <3 
SSC 2021 R2: Complex Fracture
SSC 2021 R1: Before Her Time 2nd
kristina_f View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristina_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:38pm
Just an HM this round. Not surprised and a little relieved. As I've said elsewhere, I don't like the cues for short story. I'd let them define subject or genre, but both is just too much for my tastes. 

Probably won't be back until flash starts up, but congrats to everyone moving to the next round and best of luck with your cues/ finding inspiration this weekend!
MF 100:
R1: Mausoleum in the Sky
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic