NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results are in!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 12:19am
Currently at second overall in my group, very happy to be going to R3. This is my first year and the most exhilarating writing comp I’ve ever done, bring on this weekend! :D 
Angela Crosby View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Crosby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 12:19am
9 points in the first round and 6 in this round. It wasn't enough to qualify, but I'm glad to get points for both stories in my first time writing anything that I submitted "officially". Time to go sleep away the heavy disappointment. 

Good luck in the upcoming rounds to all of those who qualified! I'll see you next year! 

Angela
manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 12:21am
Got 29 points total, which is the most I've gotten in a FF challenge! Now the trick will be getting past round 3, which I haven't done to date...
Short Screenplay R1: The Farmer's Fortune
FFCH3: Sacred Silence
Qatra View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 12:21am
Congrats to all who made it! I have mixed feelings on not making it (not even close!). On the one hand: darn. On the other hand: Now I have no excuse to not work on my NaNoWriMo project, which is what I really need to be doing! (Hmm, that sounds a little like a darn too.)
Group 24, round 1: ”On Balance”
ROS View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 12:21am
I came 9th overall in my group. Disappointing yes but I'm pleased that I was able to score in both rounds - 7th and 12th place. 

All the best to those of you who are going forward.

Edited by ROS - 07 Nov 2019 at 8:52pm
littlenozomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlenozomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 12:21am
I'm moving on!  Just barely as I'm in 5th in my group, but what surprised me was since I got 8 points on my first story, I figured I was doomed as I got Political Satire for my second story and wasn't super confident with it...and it got 13 points!

Not bad for someone a bit rusty and who is participating for the first time!  I also COMPLETELY forgot about the results coming in this week due to work stuff, so it was a nice surprise!

QUESTION:  If we move on to the third round, which means new groups, do our scores basically go back to zero for that round or does what we have now (in my case, a 21) carry over and factor into our third round score?

Congrats to EVERYONE who competed...whether you got first or last, you created something and are already ahead of those who chose not to enter!

Edited by littlenozomi - 07 Nov 2019 at 12:26am
dennymike View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennymike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 12:22am
Placed second in both rounds, but first in my group overall. I’m pleased with my second round results because I didn’t get a whole lot of feedback on the forums for that one so I wasn’t sure what to expect. But now I know how to plan my weekend. Congrats to everyone! 
Helou View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 12:25am
Came fourth in my group overall, but tied at 21 points with third and fifth place! Just goes to show the quality of people in the competition, it was a very tight result. Congrats everyone!

Edited by Helou - 07 Nov 2019 at 12:26am
amlewi08 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlewi08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 12:26am
I haven’t gotten my email yet, but I looked at the results page from the website and I got 2nd in this challenge, and tied for 2nd overall for my group!  See y’all in challenge 3!

Edited by amlewi08 - 07 Nov 2019 at 12:34am
Fangirl78 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fangirl78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 12:26am
Gutted ..I missed advancement in a tie breaker of one point in the first round. 😭 Good luck guys. 🤘
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic