NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results are In

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:21am
Originally posted by rossinny rossinny wrote:

Surprised and delighted with 14 for my caper! Congrats to everyone

Awesome, congrats!
rossinny View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rossinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:24am
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Originally posted by rossinny rossinny wrote:

Surprised and delighted with 14 for my caper! Congrats to everyone

Awesome, congrats!

Thanks Lisa, and to you!
R2 250 Micro Motherland (Historical Fiction)
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:19am
Jut the five for me. I’ve done much better in the past with screenplays I liked a lot less... so am a little deflated.

Really glad though to see how well so many of you have done.

Am taking myself to a airport to write my next one hammered.
Microfiction R2: Not Pretending (Ghost)
Flash Fiction Final (2nd place award):Emily Marlow, Subconscious P.I. (Ope
DBA Lehane View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBA Lehane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:42am
Ouch a big fat zero for me...that's the first time I've never mustered any points in the first round. Still helps make my decision for this weekend a bit easier, seeing as I'm going to visit family. Fingers crossed on the flash fiction semi final results next week.
Screenplay Challenge 2020 Finalist.
SSC 2014 Finalist.
FFC 2015 4th Placed Finalist.
AnastasiaW View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnastasiaW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:10am
3 points for me. I’m with you Tim (btw I think yours was worth heaps more). But at least I got some points on the board. It’s an exercise in maintaining your own internal self esteem. I’m determined to do better this weekend.
Splinker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:16am
13 points. I was a bit embarrassed about my entry, so i am happily shocked. I have only a few hours to write this weekend, but I'm excited and stressed again!
Splinker

[URL=https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic23428_post296645.html#296645]https://tinyurl.com/Dirty-Tricks[URL]
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:58am
Originally posted by DBA Lehane DBA Lehane wrote:

Ouch a big fat zero for me...that's the first time I've never mustered any points in the first round. Still helps make my decision for this weekend a bit easier, seeing as I'm going to visit family. Fingers crossed on the flash fiction semi final results next week.

I am QUITE surprised that you didn't place, Darren, but I hope that doesn't stop you from being in Challenge #2. A couple years ago I remember someone making zero points in #1, then getting 15 in #2 and because that group was all over the place their 15 total points still propelled them into the next round. With NYCM anything is possible, or so I've learned. Still, I really liked your script and thought it would place... and I'm left bewildered wondering why it didn't. Hopefully, we'll see you plugging away this coming weekend. Cheers, Scott.
SSC '20 CH 1, Foiled
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:02am
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

Hey, 13 points for my Ghost Story!

I had every confidence you'd score high -- your script was too good not to. Congratulations! Now then... why have you completely snubbed me and not read and commented on my Challenge 1 entry? What have I done to fall out of your favor? (It's kind of late now, but I'm still curious to know what you think... your feedback always means a lot to me.)
SSC '20 CH 1, Foiled
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:41am
Originally posted by NilesPerry NilesPerry wrote:

I had every confidence you'd score high -- your script was too good not to. Congratulations! Now then... why have you completely snubbed me and not read and commented on my Challenge 1 entry? What have I done to fall out of your favor? (It's kind of late now, but I'm still curious to know what you think... your feedback always means a lot to me.)

Are you talking to me?  ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?

I've never snubbed anyone ... at least not intentionally ... and certainly not completely ... I just didn't read or comment on many entries at all in this round ... I'm editing a novel for someone and just on the last of 40 chapters ... I'll just finish before Round 2. 

Why is it too late? 

DBA Lehane View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBA Lehane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:11am
Originally posted by NilesPerry NilesPerry wrote:

Originally posted by DBA Lehane DBA Lehane wrote:

I am QUITE surprised that you didn't place, Darren, but I hope that doesn't stop you from being in Challenge #2. A couple years ago I remember someone making zero points in #1, then getting 15 in #2 and because that group was all over the place their 15 total points still propelled them into the next round. With NYCM anything is possible, or so I've learned. Still, I really liked your script and thought it would place... and I'm left bewildered wondering why it didn't. Hopefully, we'll see you plugging away this coming weekend. Cheers, Scott.
Screenplay Challenge 2020 Finalist.
SSC 2014 Finalist.
FFC 2015 4th Placed Finalist.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic