NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results are in for Rnd 2 Micro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CathyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Results are in for Rnd 2 Micro
    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:08pm
Good Luck to all who progress. I didn't even make it to the top ten so will be rooting for all who advanced! Good Luck!
Rnd 1 FF Little Dick Rnd2 The Box
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by CathyM CathyM wrote:

Good Luck to all who progress. I didn't even make it to the top ten so will be rooting for all who advanced! Good Luck!

Wow, that's a shame. Your story really stuck with me too! I'd be interested in hearing what the judges have to say. I wonder if they felt it was more horror than thriller? I will say I've been far more surprised about these results than I have been with any other NYC comp so far. Much harder to predict what the judges seem to want with that balance between concept and character.

I'm a bit stunned I got 4th in my group, but I'll happily take it.
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
Smith Corona View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smith Corona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:15pm
It's time for my regularly scheduled "flip the table and flounce." :) I hate not advancing, but it was still worth signing up and writing with you guys again.

I really liked my story (though I saw the point that some readers made, that it was way more com and minimally rom). I've submitted it to a lit mag for potential publication, and I just got word that my round 1 entry placed in another contest, so life goes on.

But my ego will need a little time before I head back in for more NYCM. Genuine good luck wishes to all who did make it! Go get 'em!
angelagilbert View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelagilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:15pm
No dice this round.  Oh, well.  My piece was hella weird and I knew it was a risky route to take.  But I'll see you all (hopefully), for the SSC next week!  Good luck to those who moving on!
JamesMarkMiller View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesMarkMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:16pm
I didn't make top ten either. C'est la vie!

Good luck to everyone progressing to round three!
chrissie0707 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissie0707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:31pm
I’m out! Good luck to all who advanced! I should be available to beta. Just hit me up!
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:32pm
I'm out too, but I'm not surprised - there were some FANTASTIC stories in my heat and I'm about to head over to that section to see who advanced. Very fun challenge, will do this one next time for sure. Good luck to all!
td333777 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote td333777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:34pm
Four times in a row making the semis and then not even ranking.  Drives me nuts.  Oh well, two weeks until SSC and then I’ll do it again.

TD
FF '17 - 1st, SSC '18 - 2nd, FF '20 - 7th
ophelialit74 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ophelialit74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:37pm
First place in the first round, no place in this round. What. A. Bummer. Hope everyone gets amazing prompts for the finals! 
Puckerby View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puckerby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 6:01pm
In by the skin of my teeth. My mother in law is in town this weekend so doubly glad to have some writing to do.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>