NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Really impressed with the activity on forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Really impressed with the activity on forum
    Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 11:51pm

I think this is the busiest I have ever seen the forum for a contest.
The amount of people supporting others on their round 1 stories and the feedback was incredible,
as well as the feedback on their round 2 titles and loglines.
So many new posts asking questions and getting answered really quickly.
This has been a fun round here. My inbox looks like a bomb went off.
Kali42 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kali42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 3:37am
I was noticing the same thing. This is the busiest I've ever seen it. The support flying all over the place is warming my cold little heart.
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:58am
Same!! I absolutely cannot wait until tomorrow when we can all enjoy each others’ stories!!

I feel like this round was especially active out of solidarity for how hard it was, and it’s just incredible that everyone has been so supportive!! 
Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 9:42am
Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

Same!! I absolutely cannot wait until tomorrow when we can all enjoy each others’ stories!!

I feel like this round was especially active out of solidarity for how hard it was, and it’s just incredible that everyone has been so supportive!! 

Strangely, I didn't find this second challenge difficult. This, more than likely, stems from the fact that I got an unfamiliar genre (Crime Caper). Thrilled it was not Romance again. Smile

Edited by Nimhathuna - 16 Aug 2022 at 9:42am
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Nimhathuna Nimhathuna wrote:

Strangely, I didn't find this second challenge difficult. This, more than likely, stems from the fact that I got an unfamiliar genre (Crime Caper). Thrilled it was not Romance again. Smile

I'm glad that it was a good round for you! Mine actually started really good, then everything kind of fell apart on Sunday, but betas helped my salvage my piece by Sunday night! Now I'm just more than ready for those confirmations to come out tomorrow so we can enjoy each other's work Smile
booklover13 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booklover13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 11:53am
I totally agree. The forum is one of the main reasons why I love NYC Midnight. It can be difficult to find a community that is able to both critique/review your writing, and be super supportive at the same time. This round was the most stressful and difficult for me. It's the only one where I submitted a story I was distinctly not proud of. But being surrounded by encouraging people on the forums who went through similar challenges made everything so much easier. 
2nd Place, SS, R1, G161 - We Found Love in an UberPool (RomCom)
 Post Reply Post Reply