NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R2 Title & Synopsis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R2 Title & Synopsis
    Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 12:11am
I love this part and didn't see a post yet, so I'll kick things off! 

Group 6, Fairy Tale, Multifunctional, Shirtmaker 

The Woman & the Sale: A Modern Day Fairytale
The world has changed a ton since that first young girl wandered into the deep dark forest, but clever creatures still lurk inside candy coated houses, and everyone knows a woman in need of good attire is also in need of a good sale. Will Deidre find her happily ever after at the end of this treacherous trail, or become another classic?

Can't wait to see what everyone came up with!
Alyxbee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alyxbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 12:15am
Group 18: spy / prophecy  / tool maker

The Final Prophecy

Melody Pane is very, very good at keeping secrets, but there is something on the horizon that threatens those skills – and the job that requires them.

Ty for making the thread!

Mister_Write View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mister_Write Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 12:16am
Team! I came so close to not submitting :S I basically worked all weekend and only finished the first draft 2 hours before the deadline! First time with pol sat and now I see that the struggle is real LOL. Got it in with one minute to spare. If it's coherent, I'll call that a win Tongue

G2: political satire / old school / a reporter

The Dark Lord Has an Image Problem

A virtuous journalist is hired to write a puff piece about the Dark Lord. Finding the softer side of the man—whose reign was bought with blood and held by fear—challenges his journalistic integrity (just a tad).

iress View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 12:16am

Group 19   A/A, a shortage, an amputee

Chosen 

A young woman must understand her own worth before she can restore the kingdom.

Mister_Write View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mister_Write Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Eggcorn Eggcorn wrote:

I love this part and didn't see a post yet, so I'll kick things off! 

Group 6, Fairy Tale, Multifunctional, Shirtmaker 

The Woman & the Sale: A Modern Day Fairytale
The world has changed a ton since that first young girl wandered into the deep dark forest, but clever creatures still lurk inside candy coated houses, and everyone knows a woman in need of good attire is also in need of a good sale. Will Deidre find her happily ever after at the end of this treacherous trail, or become another classic?

Can't wait to see what everyone came up with!

Omg, I'm so keen for this Star
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 12:17am
Hi there, fellow Marylander, thank you for kicking us off! Your story sounds so intriguing! As I barely had a story before the deadline, let alone a title and synopsis, I kept things really simple LOL I have to give a special shoutout to my betas even before forums open because they were AMAZING!!

I'm Group 1: Romance | Nontraditional | A salesperson

JUST IN TIME

SYNOPSIS: A celestial’s bond with a philanthropist transcends realities.

anewhope View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote anewhope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 12:18am

Group 16: Rom-Com / A Twentysomething / Studious 

Preparing to Fail 

Catherine is Type A to the point of neuroticism, especially when it comes to dating. When some note cards go awry, she comes face to face with her greatest enemy; being herself .”

I definitely found my prompts merciful compared to some of the others i’ve seen on here (looking at you, wet nurse) but i’m not a big reader/writer of Rom-Com so we’ll see how it goes!  

taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 12:21am
I am SO jealous of that amputee A/A prompt! Got an above-knee amputee secret agent character who would have been delightful to spend the weekend writing about... your synopsis sounds fantastic and enticing, iress! 

Here's mine, group 30 (comedy / credit card(s) / a left-hander)

Titan Armstrong and the Communist Robot

Titan Armstrong, career criminal and secret softie, discovers that someone has stolen his identity when he tries to purchase a repair-bot to fix up his spaceship. He’s off to track down the thief, with nothing on his side but his wit, his charm, and a defective robot who only speaks in Marxist quotes.

Edited by taaaylor - 17 Apr 2023 at 12:21am
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
GenieAZ View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GenieAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 12:23am
Oh man. I spent all of yesterday in bed with a migraine. I barely finished this one! I'm with Cam...thank God for beta readers, because that first draft was ROUGH. 

Group 36 | Horror | A Pit Stop | An Editor in Chief 

Look at the Flowers 

A reporter gets too close to his story as he pursues a serial killer. Will his editor pay for 

his troubles, or does she have secrets of her own?

ramblejamble View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ramblejamble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 12:24am
Group 30: Comedy / Credit Card(s) / A left-hander

One Credit Card to Rule Them All

Whoever holds The Golden Credit Card rules the world.
A miser named Penny Pincher, chosen for her steadfast refusal to be swayed by the dangerous card’s power, is tasked with destroying it before an evil wizard can lay claim.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>