NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R2 250 challenge results tomorrow!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LyndaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 9:18pm
Squeaked through in 5th as well!
Congrats to those who are moving on. I sympathize with those who are not. I've done these things for years, and this is only my third (I think) time making it to final round. I crashed hard both previous times.
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

I'm really not sure with this one! I kind of feel like I may be in the "HM" zone--it took me a long time to warm up to my story after a mad dash to the finish where I made some mistakes, and now I feel neutral-positive about it, but it has enough flaws that I'm trying not to get my hopes up. And there are 8 FANTASTIC group 16 stories posted on the Master List, and only 5 of us can make it through! I don't envy the judges here as I can't imagine making that kind of call!

Called it LOL HM2! I’m happy with that, as HM1 is my least favorite placing lol. Huge congrats to everyone moving on! 
slinkylink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by slinkylink slinkylink wrote:

3) I've been knocked out on horror twice. I'd like to believe 3rd time is a charm, but I don't believe in luck, so that's out.
Amazingly I got 2nd! Third time WAS the charm! 
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 9:57pm

3) I've been knocked out on horror twice. I'd like to believe 3rd time is a charm, but I don't believe in luck, so that's out.
Amazingly I got 2nd! Third time WAS the charm! 

Huge congrats!! That’s awesome, and fantastic work for pushing through with Horror!
FireHorse View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 11:00pm
Well I placed first in my heat. So I have to be happy.

But @theinquisitor you was robbed!

Haven't checked all the results yet. 3pm here and on work deadlines so need to get back to it...
groza528 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote groza528 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 11:01pm
I definitely felt worse about this story than I did for round 1, but I made it through in 4th-- phew! 
CHartman View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

Well I placed first in my heat. So I have to be happy.

But @theinquisitor you was robbed!

Haven't checked all the results yet. 3pm here and on work deadlines so need to get back to it...

Congratulations!! Well deserved!
Sqrlmom View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sqrlmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 12:09am
Same here. Not happy at all. I really liked my story.
  “Sigh” 
Sqrlmom View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sqrlmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 12:27am
I reread your story and thought it was great. Chin up! It’s so hard to know what they’re looking for. I liked my 2nd round story much more than my first- which did place. Bummed because I really can’t afford to enter these all that often.
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 1:51am
Congratulations to everyone moving on!
As for me - sh*t happens. On to the next one. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>