NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question About Finalists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhelgens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question About Finalists
    Posted: 14 May 2020 at 12:07pm
Hi! This is my third time participating in the Short Story Contest, but I’d never progressed past the first round until this year. The website says the top 5 from each heat move forward for Rounds 1 and 2, but it says “finalists” are selected from Round 3 to progress to Round 4. How many finalists are selected? Is it a couple for each heat? Or however many the judges feel like sending through? What does progressing to Round 4 look like?

Thanks in advance! :) and good luck all! I’m so looking forward to writing again this weekend. Round 3– Wow! 
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 12:23pm
From the official rules (the fine-print PDF): 8. 3rd Round (May 15, 2020 thru May 17, 2020) : Writers are again placed randomly in Heats. There are a maximum of 8 heats in the 3rd round distributed evenly with the writers advancing out of the 2nd Round. Each heat receives a new Genre, Subject and Character assignment that must be included in the story. The top 5 writers in
each heat in the 3rd Round will advance to the 4th round of the competition.

So there'll be eight heats, and five people from each will advance to the fourth round, so a final round of forty people. 
FFC 2020 Ch 1 Gr 21: Cellared
Ch2 Gr 21: The Spy Who Came in For The Cake
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic