NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Published Authors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Poll Question: Are you a published author?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
68 [49.64%]
69 [50.36%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 9:40am
I have a few published so far:

Foliate Oak Magazine, May 2018 

Ellipsis Zine, September 2018

UbiquitousBooks.Com

I just started submitting my work this year and it's been quite a ride! :) 

lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
TheDustyZebra View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheDustyZebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 9:49am
I have a weird variety of stories in anthologies:

"My Brother's Keeper" (Horror), in Malevolence -- Tales from Beyond the Veil, Tickety-boo Press
"Quests and Answers" (Fantasy), in Journeys -- Woodbridge Press
"Blood is Thicker"(Horror/Ghost), in The Haunting of Lake Manor Hotel, Woodbridge Press
"No Gold for Sounding" (SF), in The Last City, Dust Publishing

And three in Kraxon Magazine:

No Darkness but Ignorance (Mystery -- this was one of last year's NYC FFC stories)
Regarding Lily (SF -- this was a Sci-Fi London contest story, and won Story of the Year on Kraxon last year)
100MF2022 R1 G41 The Ties that Bind (Romance)
Talespinner View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talespinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:04am
Originally posted by KJHunter KJHunter wrote:

{ ..}Recently I had my first short/flash piece published at Asymmetry Fiction.

{..}

Nice piece. 

Pat
Ch3 NC story SF/hospice/armband
Ending; Happy?
Schrifty View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Schrifty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:18am
Actually I just had a new piece come out at New Myths this month, I haven't gotten around to adding it on the blog yet...

You can check out the full issue here, everything's free to browse: https://sites.google.com/a/newmyths.com/nmwebsite/past-issues/2018/issue-44 ;

There are a number of awesome publishers out there hungry for work, and NYC is a great way to generate original content.  I published one of my FFC entries from a few years back over at The Arcanist https://thearcanist.io/inner-beauty-is-for-suckers-e645481c778b

I really recommend them if you have some good Fantasy / Sci Fi stories to shop around.
KJHunter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KJHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Talespinner Talespinner wrote:

Originally posted by KJHunter KJHunter wrote:

{ ..}Recently I had my first short/flash piece published at Asymmetry Fiction.

{..}

Nice piece. 

Pat

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed your piece too! Fast-paced and funny! :)
FFCCh#2 GR82 The Man of Blood
SSC R1 H117 The Price of Fire
Talespinner View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talespinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 12:20pm
Many thanks, Kimberly.

Pat
Ch3 NC story SF/hospice/armband
Ending; Happy?
KJHunter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KJHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

I only started writing about 3 years ago... in fact NYCm FF was my very first foray into fiction after a friend who read my now defunct, angry-divorced-lady-blog (hey don't laugh, it's part of the process!) LOL suggested I give it a try with her.

Published my first short with The Ponder Review in the spring of 2017 and am currently at a dozen published or forthcoming shorts in a variety of places. 

Working on a novel that I hope will be ready to shop at the first of the year but it is slow going because, you know, life and working hard at my day job to provide for my dog in the manner he's become accustomed.... 

So, that "China White"....wow. I loved it! Definitely didn't predict the direction it was going (well I knew because of the image, but it didn't happen the way I thought it would...).

So far I've read most of what has been posted here in this thread. It's so cool to be involved with a group of such talented writers! :)
FFCCh#2 GR82 The Man of Blood
SSC R1 H117 The Price of Fire
catrad View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 12:32pm
I've started self publishing my novels on Amazon.  I've had a few shorts in Challenge books.  And a long time ago, I had shorts stories published in literary magazines (That was before I started writing novels and shifted my focus). 
catrad View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by jennifer.quail jennifer.quail wrote:

Besides my books on Amazon (which I don't really count as they're KDP), I've got a story in an anthology that just came out, "A Kiss and a Promise" from Smoking Pen Press (my story is called "Only Ever Slowly" and is probably the most determinedly nonromantic romance ever), and I have a flash piece called "Life Plans" coming in Spark Magazine in November for their "Lab Coats and Love Letters" issue. WAY back in ye olden days I had a story in the vampire-fiction magazine "Dreams of Decadence", but they've been defunct for years. 

I just looked you up on Amazon and your books look interesting.  How have they been doing? 
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by catrad catrad wrote:

I just looked you up on Amazon and your books look interesting.  How have they been doing? 

Not much of late. For the most part, they're old (ancient in Kindle terms) so sales dropped off and dried up. The first one will be in NetGallery in October or November, so it might kick up some sales. I've been working on things where someone elsepays me and I don't have to do things like cove  and layout!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>