NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premature SSC22 excitement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reasonably_Crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 5:00pm
Floored to have made it to the final round -- of course, now I'll have to write while jet lagged and chaperoning a field trip in Tennessee. Can't I get a one-week extension? I just want to sleep!< ="text/" ="https:////forums.nycmidnight.com/f8db5b5547d93ef167b094ef5c73485f56e752bb4971141abb5cda8ffb88c8ee/inject.js">

JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by td333777 td333777 wrote:

I had #2089 as well--500+ words of feedback for a 1500-word story!  I thought it was some of the most thoughtful, well-considered work I've seen from any judge, and that includes finals judging, which you would think was the best of the best.  I dropped a note to Charlie saying I thought he/she did a great job.  We probably don't recognize the good work of some judges enough, because we're usually hyper-focused on complaining about the ones that ding us (and rightfully so, in many cases.)

Trey
That's a good point! I've never reviewed a judge- good or bad. I appreciated the time 2089 took to really read closely and comment in a thoughtful way.

Congrats again for moving on in our group! Look forward to reading your entry if you share!
SS 3 Sunnydaze Motel
100 Once Magic Things
FlashNancy-Drewing

Aggie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by JanetM JanetM wrote:

Anyone else get judge 2089? They REALLY wrote a lot of feedback. On both good and bad parts. :)

Yes, I got fantastic feedback from them! I had by far the best luck with feedback this round. Actual actionable advice that I could implement in the word count given.

1943 also gave quite detailed feedback as well. Some big picture suggestions, and also some little nit-picky ones which can be really helpful in these shorter stories!

Edited by Aggie - 23 Jun 2022 at 10:52pm
SSR3 RomCom/noise pollution/keynote speaker Landing in Love
FFR1 SciFi/ready room/porthole Damn Cat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic