NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Practicing FF for contests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 11:00pm
RebRas- I followed your link from here to your entry Tilting at Turbines.  It took me to your story but not to your forum post, I tried to find it but couldn't.  If you're not getting feedback- that might be why.  You might want to fix it so your link goes to your forum post. 

Anyway- you nailed the story.  Great use of the prompts.  Some really beautiful lines.  You developed your MC nicely.  I love paragraph three about motives being like pointillism- then the splashes of color drawn from her life.  Great metaphor.  Great passion in understanding the psyche of the wife.  A person just worn down by living a life that falls short.  Well done. 
Sponsored Links

RebRas View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebRas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by catrad catrad wrote:

RebRas- I followed your link from here to your entry Tilting at Turbines.  It took me to your story but not to your forum post, I tried to find it but couldn't.  If you're not getting feedback- that might be why.  You might want to fix it so your link goes to your forum post. 

Anyway- you nailed the story.  Great use of the prompts.  Some really beautiful lines.  You developed your MC nicely.  I love paragraph three about motives being like pointillism- then the splashes of color drawn from her life.  Great metaphor.  Great passion in understanding the psyche of the wife.  A person just worn down by living a life that falls short.  Well done. 

Thanks so much for the kind feedback and for noticing my signature. I just fixed it!
FFC 2018 / Heat 69 / suspense / wind farm / chewing gum

Tilting at Turbines
TammyB View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TammyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:10am
project for the weekend.

Group 32.
Comedy at a newly constructed house with a parking meter.

Get to writing
CH1 GRP52 BURIED IN LOVE
I refuse to just exist. I want to live life. Write on!
RebRas View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebRas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 6:58pm
Comedy. Newly constructed house. Parking meter.

Malicious Compliance

David Brown doesn’t know what he’s getting into when he buys a house in Green Valley. Governed by a tyrannical homeowners association led by the pedantic Agnes Simon, David fights for what’s right—by playing by the rules.

Story Link

I came soooo close to not attempting this because it was so far out of my comfort zone, but I'm glad I did. While comedy writing will probably never be my chosen genre, this made me feel a lot less scared about getting a comedic story in round 2. Smile

FFC 2018 / Heat 69 / suspense / wind farm / chewing gum

Tilting at Turbines
catrad View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:28pm
RebRas- That was great.  That's actually the theme of one of my books (A neighbor being pestered about code violations who finds ways to circumvent the rules).  I hadn't thought of it for this piece.  I'm still working at it. As in haven't technically written anything down just yet... 
catrad View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:53pm
Here goes, rather short. Comedy/newly constructed house/parking meter
My Kingdom for a quarter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic