NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posting screenplay publicly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettleanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting screenplay publicly
    Posted: 26 May 2021 at 9:46am
Now that first round results are out, does anyone know whether or not it’s ok to post our submissions outside of the NYCMidnight forums?  
Brett Leanne

Screenplay R2, Group 13
The Academy

MF100 Round 1, Group 38
Belladonna
swilki View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 10:21am
From the FAQ- I think you can go ahead if you want to at any point, it's only a courtesy request that we wait to post on the forum to protect the integrity of the submissions until they've been properly registered and confirmed 
Can I post the screenplay I create for this competition on my personal website or social media? Can I submit it to other competitions or festivals?
Yes. Since you retain all the rights to the screenplays you create during our competitions, you are welcome to do whatever you like with them. Good luck!

Edited by swilki - 26 May 2021 at 10:22am
Brettleanne View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettleanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 11:25am
Originally posted by swilki swilki wrote:

From the FAQ- I think you can go ahead if you want to at any point, it's only a courtesy request that we wait to post on the forum to protect the integrity of the submissions until they've been properly registered and confirmed 
Can I post the screenplay I create for this competition on my personal website or social media? Can I submit it to other competitions or festivals?
Yes. Since you retain all the rights to the screenplays you create during our competitions, you are welcome to do whatever you like with them. Good luck!

Thank-you! I had looked through the rules but didn’t find that info. I must have missed it.  Much obliged!
Brett Leanne

Screenplay R2, Group 13
The Academy

MF100 Round 1, Group 38
Belladonna
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic