NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posted story disappeared from the forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konigen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posted story disappeared from the forum
    Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 2:50pm
I posted my Flash Fiction Round 1 story for discussion last night. When I checked it this morning, the whole topic disappeared from the forum. I did not get any notification, message etc. why that would happen. Does anyone know why is it so? Should I just re-post it (and what to do to make sure it stays put)?
slinkylink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 4:04pm
Is this it?

I was able to find your post/story by going to your Member Profile ... Find Member Posts ... Search for Topics This Member Started ... and there it was.

I'm not good with code, but it also looks like the link above has a lot of extra info that the others don't. Pretty much everything past "html" seems extraneous. 

When I tried your signature link, I got an error message.

I'm not sure what the fix is, but I don't think it was removed. Just something buggy happened when you posted it. Hopefully someone with computer smarts will swoop in and give you some advice.

Hope this helps Smile

Edited by slinkylink - 06 Jul 2022 at 4:24pm
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 9:38pm

Hi!
Slinky is right, everything after the html is not sposed to be there. As a former master list maintainer that extra code would give me problems in posting to the master list. I don't know where it came from but removing it made it so that i could post the story to the master list. So, that might be the problem with your signature.
 Post Reply Post Reply