NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posted in error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posted in error
    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:26pm
G21 Horror / Watching a parade / over

- I'm really bad at writing horror, but I tried my best! Do leave your feedback so I can improve my writing! I'll return reads :) 

A PARADE TO MISS

“It’s starting, wake up, dad!” she yelled yanking me off the bed.

“Alright, inside voice please!” I groaned clumsily getting up to follow her. Ma was in hot pursuit of Sam trying to get her to put on her jacket. But she’d already bolted through the balcony doors, and now stood craning her neck over the wall to see the massive floats. It had become a tradition to spend Thanksgiving with my parents since Leela passed. Their central park west apartment always made watching the parade a joyous spectacle.

As I hobbled over to Sam a loud commotion erupted in the crowd. Floats crashed against the sides of buildings as hordes of people awkwardly scaled them into neighboring balconies. We watched in bewilderment, as chaos enveloped the entire street. It felt like a sudden unbridled rage had overcome everyone.

“Dad, they’re zombies” Sam screamed, pointing to a turkey float collapsed by our balcony. People were shrouding it like termites on wood. I dragged Sam and Ma inside, before shutting the doors and drawing the curtains.
“Where’s dad,” I said turning to face my mother who was frozen in terror, as the thuds against the balcony doors increased, it would yield at any moment.

“Bedroom…balcony” she muttered.

I pushed Sam and Ma into the bathroom and ran over to the bedroom just as zombies crashed into the living room.

“DRIINNN”

I jolted awake to the shrill alarm noise as my premonition dawned on me.

“It’s starting, wake up, dad!”

Edited by rangesa - 25 Nov 2020 at 1:09am
daniellemari View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniellemari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:38pm
Scariest Groundhog day ever!
Nice job working in a genre you don't normally enjoy. I'd never have known it!
...yes and...
I love feedback! Please read my round 1 story titled Me
Alyxbee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyxbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 12:58am
I think you may have posted in the wrong place? I think this is just the general CWC rather than 250 subforum
rangesa View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 1:07am
Thank you for letting me know! I didn't realize I made that mistake. Do you know how I can delete this post here. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic