NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Podcast episode about NYCMFF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vkmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Podcast episode about NYCMFF
    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 1:17pm
Hey! My friend yubsie and I recently started a podcast about writing and reading, called Needs More Words. One of our first episodes was about the NYCM flash fiction contest, since both of us participated this year.

I figured some of you might be interested in listening to it, you can find it at the following link, or it should be available on pretty much all podcast apps (please let me know if it isn't in the one you use and I'll look into it).

haole View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 2:47pm
cool, I'll check it out!

MrLipto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrLipto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:18pm
I listened. Great stuff.

Seriously, I would listen to a NYCM podcast in my regular rotation. 

Have forumites on as guests to discuss prompts and expectations and process and revision and judging and strategy.

This idea is like... gold.

And any of you can have it FOR FREE because I’m so excited about listening to it.

I’m so weary of having to tell people “Okay, so round 1 is actually two challenges, and 1st place gets 15 points, and the top 5 move on to round two...”

Listening to a conversation between people who know the contest? It was bliss.

Make this happen, someone.
manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by MrLipto MrLipto wrote:

I listened. Great stuff.

Seriously, I would listen to a NYCM podcast in my regular rotation. 

Have forumites on as guests to discuss prompts and expectations and process and revision and judging and strategy.

This idea is like... gold.

And any of you can have it FOR FREE because I’m so excited about listening to it.

I’m so weary of having to tell people “Okay, so round 1 is actually two challenges, and 1st place gets 15 points, and the top 5 move on to round two...”

Listening to a conversation between people who know the contest? It was bliss.

Make this happen, someone.

I can relate to this!! My non-writer people blink and say "and you do this...why?" My writer friends blink and say "and you let people pick your prompts...why?" Can't wait to listen and nod along!
Short Screenplay R1: The Farmer's Fortune
FFCH3: Sacred Silence
haole View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 7:34am
Originally posted by haole haole wrote:

cool, I'll check it out!

I listened this morning during my commute to work and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great work to both of you, and now I want to read both your stories!

Highly recommend to anyone who can't get enough NYC Midnight fix
vkmartin View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vkmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:46am
Thanks for all the feedback! I don't know that a podcast just about NYCM is something we'd be interested in doing but I like your suggestions, maybe we'll record another podcast for the 2020 competition (I am in round 3 of FF but sadly Margaret was eliminated).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic