NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Review/Remove Spam Post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote justmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Review/Remove Spam Post
    Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 6:16am

NYCM,

I tend to think of these forums as being a fairly safe and secure place, frequented by writers and others interested in what we do.  Of course I know some areas are public, but even there, I usually feel confident that it's kind of a safe zone.  That confidence was shaken this morning when I found some creepiness lurking in the Creative Writing Corner forum:

Please could you remove this post and maybe try to up your game a bit when it comes to whatever screening you do?  Thanks!
Sponsored Links

NYC Midnight View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 8:47am
Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the delay!  The posts have been removed and the user has been suspended.  Unfortunately, there are spammers from time to time but we will try to remove them much quicker in the future.  Thanks again!
Next up is the Short Story Challenge 2018 kicking off January 26th.
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 9:09am
Yes! Thank you for this!

I feel EXACTLY the same as JustMel; I get really creeped out when these types of spam posts appear. 

NYCM, thanks for addressing.
justmel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 7:17pm
Thanks for addressing my concern so quickly!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic