NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Other Contests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:34am
Yeah, I am giving it a try.
I am finding the prompts to be a little tough, They
are not directive enough after NYCM, and I have to 
use certain words, 5 different words to be exact.
Don't have a story so far, but am going to give it a try.
The Red Lion View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Red Lion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 2:38pm
I love the NYCM format and I really don't see it elsewhere. It definitely forces you to be creative and get outside your comfort zone!

I recently tried to create a bi-weekly writing prompt challenge in NYCM style on twitter, but it had zero engagement so I'm probably giving up. Ouch haha... Might still just do it on my own! It's pretty easy to randomize genres and locations/objects. What you don't get is the community aspect unfortunately.
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 4:56am
Since I first came across NYCM by clicking on a Facebook ad, the internet has sussed that that's what I'm interested in, and I find myself stalked around social media by adverts for more writing competitions than I could ever enter. I did enter Literary Taxidermy this year, and I've signed up for Furious Fiction and the Reedsy competition, which seems to be a weekly thing - I don't know whether I'll ever get round to entering either of them. Plus I've seen ads for quite a few smaller-scale things in the UK. I couldn't possibly submit to all of them without scuppering my other projects - not to mention the day job, and any kind of family life!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic