NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NYCM Writer's Group Discord Server

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candyfloss &Vinegar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 7:31am
Hey!

This sounds awesome, but when I tried to join using the link in the original post it seemed to take me to a blank server? Is this no longer available?
FF:FINAL
MF250: R1
maxbjork View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Candyfloss &Vinegar Candyfloss &Vinegar wrote:

Hey!

This sounds awesome, but when I tried to join using the link in the original post it seemed to take me to a blank server? Is this no longer available?

Hi there! It's definitely still available. I will PM you an invite.
Marconimist View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marconimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 8:27am
Originally posted by iress iress wrote:

Originally posted by NorthernPixels NorthernPixels wrote:

With Micro100 r3 starting up and new challenges on the horizon, I figured it was about time we bumped this topic again. 

Hi!  What a cool idea.  I echo the sentiment that this forum is just amazing with creativity and kindness.

I’ll second this. I joined the Discord after round 2 and I’ll just say that my final round entry would not have been half as good without the peer review I got there on Saturday. I also got great feedback on other pieces I’ve been trying to find homes for, and I’m pretty sure I’ll succeed now. If nothing else, you’ll be sure to get some good ideas of your own after seeing the things everyone is working on.
NorthernPixels View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthernPixels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 11:47am
That's bizarre. The link appears to work for me.
I may just update the link because the original account used to generate it is now gone, and maybe that's causing issues.
Thanks for letting me know!
NYCM WRITER'S GROUP <- Click to join!

SUN HUNGER <- R3 FF (Horror)
NorthernPixels View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthernPixels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 4:51pm
Link updated. 

Edit: Posted here for posterity https://discord.gg/EE9fyAGcKd

Edited by NorthernPixels - 01 Aug 2022 at 4:52pm
NYCM WRITER'S GROUP <- Click to join!

SUN HUNGER <- R3 FF (Horror)
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by NorthernPixels NorthernPixels wrote:

Link updated. 

Edit: Posted here for posterity https://discord.gg/EE9fyAGcKd

Link isn't working for me.  
TessaK View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TessaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Ckingteacher Ckingteacher wrote:

Thank you for doing this! This is really cool. I’ve been looking for a group like this for emotional and creative support as I try to write a novel and then navigate the waters of traditional publishing. Anyone else working on a book?

I just finished writing a book last week (finally)! Now for the endless editing and rounds of querying.

I love the idea of this server! This was my first NYCMidnight experience, but I’ve found this forum to be so amazing and helpful!
Zyrais View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zyrais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 9:38pm
Bump Smile
Marconimist View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marconimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 10:14pm
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: As a writer you’re only as good as your critique partners. You’ll find some good ones in the Discord; I can say without hyperbole that their feedback was what helped refine my final MF100 entry into the overall winner. I can’t guarantee similar results, but I can guarantee you will level up in short order by working with others who are also aiming for the same goals.
jimiflan2 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimiflan2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 3:10pm
Updated link in case the previous one isn’t working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic